Sunday, July 17, 2011

Bowl-cation Part III: Zipping Right Along

While I'm sitting at home watching the wife try out the new Shark steam-mop thing, my sister and her family continue to outdo themselves on their bowl-cation.  This time, they are zipping through the mountains via zip lines.  I can't imagine it's any more scary than throwing yourself off of a 108-story building, but what do I know? I'm watching the inaugural voyage of a cleaning product, not hurling any body parts off or over anything higher than a dog.

Are you sure I am actually related to these people?

The bowling is basically over, as far as I can tell...well, the competitive part, anyways--I'm sure the bowling balls continue to roll down the lanes between adventures. Zip-lining is probably more exciting than bowling, but I might be gravely mistaken.  I may have to take up bowling, as it seems to lead to a lot of other non-bowling related adventures and road trips.

Anywhoo, this is what my traveling sister had to say:

"So, yesterday the family went zip-lining.  Yes, I say 'they' because as usual my feet stayed on the ground.

There are four lines over two miles of canyons in the Bootleg Mountains.  They hook you up, push you off and you zip away. Usually you make it to the next station, but if you don't one of the guides has to go shimmy out on your line and pull you in.  So, of course they tell you not to brake until they wave their flags to they don't have to go get you.  Well, on the second line, they decided to let hubby come in "hot/spicy" or in plain language fast.  Well, they didn't see Youngest Niece on the line next to him.  He slows down, but the guide is not using his flag and Youngest Niece comes around him and almost gets him in the face with her feet!  He dove to the side at the last second.  I guess he was quite proud of himself for not getting kicked in the face and Youngest Niece said "Well, you didn't tell me to brake!"  So they all had a good laugh and seem to enjoy it more than the Stratosphere.

Tonight we are going to see David Copperfield - if we stay awake.  The show starts at 10 pm. 

I personally have decided I do not want to go back to work and this is the life for me.  Breakfast made every morning between 6 and 10  A.M., hot and fresh.  Basically my own clean, sparkling blue pool.  Very rarely have we had company at the pool, it is awesome.  Okay, the weather is way too hot for day-to-day activities, but I could live at the hotel and send others out into the world for me!"

Wait until my sister comes back to town and finds out it is over 100 degrees here, too....and, there is no pool in sight,the humidity is painful and the cleaning fairies are nowhere to be found.  Ouch.

For a video view of what they are doing, click here:   http://youtu.be/LsPXsfymbCM

For a video view of what I'm doing, click here: http://youtu.be/V1T7oxRM0mA

I'll let YOU be the judge of who is having the most fun.

1 comment:

  1. P.S. Yes, I have Potter-mania. Love me some Snape. Just thought zip-lining was more important at this point. Snape will wait, as he always does.

    ReplyDelete