Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Get Civilized, Dude

You shall now kiss my ring and refer to me as "Your most Reverend Pastor Sister Brother Addi Warrior Princess."  I am an ordained minister.

Sweet!

As civil union fame and glory develops in Illinois, it was brought to my attention that some peeps are having a wee bit of trouble securing ordained ministers to perform their unions.  I'm not sure how it's going down at the court house, but if you want the real thing, you gotta have an ordained minister.

That got me thinking.  I've heard about becoming ordained on line and thought this might be an entertaining thing to check out.  So, I plopped myself at the kitchen table, fired up the computer and googled with the best of them.  Google, google, google....Wow!

I am here to tell you: there are a LOT of ways to get ordained on line, many of which are free.

I decided to first check out what appeared to be the most popularly-displayed provider of on line ordination.  I'd heard of them before so it wasn't a complete surprise.  Yes, it was free.  Yes, I could apply on line.  No, I didn't need to do anything but give them my name & address.  Yes, you can do exorcisms if you so choose.  Yes, it's legal in most states.  Hmmmm. Type, type, type, click......

Ta-da! Ordained minister!  Sweet Baby Jesus, thank you for accepting me!  Bring on the brides and brides!


Since that was too easy, I decided to check out the "Church of the Latter Day Dudes."  How could I pass up a "religion" based on a bowling movie?  I couldn't.  Dudeism is based on "The Big Lebowski."  I'm not gonna try and explain the movie--just know that you REALLY have to like the "F" word if you are gonna try and digest this 1998 movie.  I'm not gonna try to explain the premise of the Latter Day Dude--that's why the invented the web site.  Suffice it to say I am now an ordained minister in what they consider "the slowest-growing, most laid back religion" that preaches non-preaching.  Who needs a master's degree when you can be an ordained dude?

In case you think I am kidding, check out http://dudeism.com/ordination/


So, if you are looking for someone who can legally marry you in the State of Illinois, I'm your bowler.  I'm your dude.  I'm your most reverend pastor sister-brother. I'm your high priestess of the ten pin.

I gotta get me one of those suitable for framing ordained minister certificates.....I smell a new business opportunity.........................

No comments:

Post a Comment