Thursday, April 07, 2011

Look Busy

Jesus is coming.....look busy.

I left my laptop at work today by accident--I grabbed the wrong leather bag as I was heading out the door--thus, I had to knock the wife unconscious and steal her computer so I could write this blog.  Nothing is off limits when it comes to my readers.

(It's hard to make it through an evening without my laptop.  No eagles, no Book de la Face, no email, no search engines.....whatever did we do before the computer was invented?)

I have lots of things floating around in my brain--a lot of this, a little of that.  Hatching of the third eagle egg, more tampons in the mail, finalizing the civilization invitation, intriguing Grey's Anatomy episode, oozing of love over my "like new" cell phone (can you even believe I just said that after all those months of professing my hatred for my phone)?, how the wife REALLY needs a new lap top (I'm not sure it was worth it to knock her unconscious for this outdated, slow-as-molasses piece of poo), the wife's continuing saga of rinding the perfect sciatica cure...little chunks of thoughts, swirling around like the chunks of brownies swirling around in a Chocolate Extreme Blizzard.  Yum!

If you missed Grey's Anatomy (and, trust me, I've missed like the last three or four seasons of the program), you really should take a hulu at the episode from last week, "The Song Beneath the Song."  It's not often you get to see TV doctors sing as part of a serious story line.  It's almost as good as Xena and Gabrielle singing in "The Bitter Suite," but I'm pretty sure I have a much better chance of getting you to watch an episode of Grey's than an old Xena episode.  Word to the wise: I think hulu only keeps the last five episodes posted, so look fast, else you'll have to wait for reruns/scour youtube/call Blue Eyes to watch it on her DVR.  If nothing else, watch Callie sing "The Story."  Pow.Er.Ful. Who knew Sara Ramirez could sing?  Not me.
http://www.hulu.com/watch/228990/greys-anatomy-callie-sings-the-story --OR--  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8xeIgAinQc


For the record, I have no conscious idea what the Jesus thing is all about in this blog.  I think it's in preparation for Easter but maybe I am just in a mood for a little Jesus.  Actually, I think it's because of Glee's rerun this week, featuring the Baby Cheesus.   I wasn't a big fan of that particular episode but I love the idea of Cheesus showing up on a George Foreman Grill.

Nothing that exciting ever happens when I am frying up a veggie burger.

As for the civil union, we have kept things in check.  We are awaiting a final caterer bid and the wife has given her blessing to the invites--meaning I need to get a move on--those tacky, tasty tidbits need to get to the printer so we can invite the masses.  (I know, I know: you can barely sleep at night, waiting to see if you are a lucky recipient.)  The straight girl contingency continues to flood me with ideas but I am holding firm.  They keep asking me questions about outfits (are they kidding?), food choices, music, color themes (seriously?).  I have no idea what the hell they are talking about, so I smile and nod and concentrate on getting those invitations mailed and securing the caterer.  Once I do that, I figure I can take a civilization break.  Or, so I foolishly think.


Uh oh! Grey's is starting, Pia just got the boot on Idol and I think the wife is regaining consciousness, so I best get off her computer....

....and, I best look busy.


Very, Very busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment