Saturday, April 30, 2011

Here, Piggy Piggy

Well, the date set for Freckles' final day has come......

........and gone. 

I didn't want to write anything because every time I write something positive, something not so positive seemed to happen.  Well, it is with guarded confidence that I announce the following information:


Freckles Warrior Princess remains on this earthly plane, apparently no worse for the wear.....and, has turned into a giant piggy, seeking all opportunities to eat whatever she can find, whether it be by begging, stealing from her sister, pretending she has to go out so she can get a treat when she comes back in.

The dog is starving.  I guess after almost two weeks of not eating and sleeping, that is understandable.

For the record, I've stopped pooping, too--so, any weight loss I may have incurred during this stressful time will soon be replaced by calories consumed from chocolate products of any and all kinds.

I won't say any more until I am sure she has had a miraculous recovery for her crisis. I am sure she will have many a medical illness to contend with as she ages but for now, her crisis appears over and she can go on with life, enjoying all the benefits that come with being a dog brought back from the brink of death:

She will be spoiled rotten. 

For those of you who know me, this will give you a laugh, as you know FWP is already spoiled rotten.  This is going to be over the top, sickening, ridiculous spoiling of the canine kind.

FWP and our family thank you for all your concern, well wishes, prayers, calls and encouragement.  If you come visit, please bring a treat. The Warrior Princess will demand it from you at the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment