Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Static
For the record, the Decorah eagles are doing fine, despite the stormy spring weather.  On Monday, I was too afraid to look if they were still there or not, as a horrible storm had ripped through their town--I had watched The Channel of Weather right before going to bed and saw that a storm was right in the nest vicinity--a big blog of red screaming through their neighborhood, tornado warnings howling, baseball sized hail angrily falling from the sky. I had to wait for my boss to look and give a report--thankfully, all was well in the land of eaglets.  Dad was hanging around keeping an eagle eye (pun intended) on the tots when I checked in yesterday....but, then......

....he flew the coop, leaving the peeps unattended, as evidenced in this "photo" I took.  Bad dad.  (He returned about a minute later, empty billed.  Those babies gave him a lot of grief--they must have been mighty hungry.)

As for the wife, she is limping more than ever, pain oozing every which way.  Yesterday, she went to the doctor and he said, "why did you wait so long?"

I am glad I was not there because I would have gone ballistic and ended up being arrested.

The wife has been there how many times now?  And, has only heard things like, "This has to run its course" and "no, you can't have an MRI--we'll do an x-ray."  So, why the doctor had an epiphany yesterday is beyond me.  He prescribed an MRI and physical therapy (as well as offer pills, which the wife refused).

The problem?  The doctor forget to order the MRI and now the wife can't get it scheduled.  He managed to order the physical therapy, so you know he didn't forget to do the whole thing.  Asswipe.  Add to that the fun of dealing with insurance companies and you've got quite the stressful mess. (Why DO we have insurance? You shell out all this money and then you can't use it.  Or, when you can, it only covers part of the bill.  Or, your premium goes up because you just used what you paid for.) When I got home, the wife was in a puddle of emotion.  That doctor's office best get it right today or I will go there and get her an appointment.  In person.  Loudly.  With no regret.  Both of us realize that an MRI will not cure the pain or the problem, but at least someone might actually be able to figure out the physical component of the problem.  Sigh.  Western medicine sucks.

As for "the others," we have had response....kinda sorta....and, it is exactly what I anticipated and predicted.  Actually, I thought the result was "better" (and I do mean that as a relative term--better like when you stop banging your head on the wall, your head feels better) than I originally figured. Unfortunately, it is overwhelmingly painful for the wife and hence the pain in her back (and the pain in her ass) just intensifies. She had hoped for better.  She did not get better--not a better response, not a better back.

It takes everything not to get in my car, drive to the homes of "the others" and open up a can of whoop ass (and end up getting arrested--boy, I'm in a violent mood this morning).  That wouldn't help the wife and wouldn't change the others, but I'd sure feel better.  (Talk about feeling powerless.  I can't relieve her pain and I can't relieve her pain.) 

I call all of this nonsense "static."  I don't know why that word came to mind, but it did, so I'm going with it.  After I made that little static visual, I realized that static and sciatica have a lot of the same letters.

Clear the static, clear the sciatica?  (Change the channel?  Open the channel!)

As this is getting way too serious, I thought I'd post a hair do of mine from the 1980's.  A little humor goes a long way in the Addiverse. A little humor must've gone a long way with my hair dresser, because there is no way she was serious when she gave me this "Til Tuesday Modified Mullet" hair do.  Imagine that little tail, which grew to be almost a foot in length.  Yum!

See? Aren't you feeling better already?  I know I am!

I miss the 1980's.  I miss the bad hair, the ridiculous outfits, the music, the naive-ness of my being.  Perhaps I could once again rock this hairdo, just in time for the civil union festivities.....it would certainly distract the wife from all the nonsense in her life....it would give "the others" a LOT more to think about.....I do love being blonde........

.....don't worry, Wild Mama--I'll wait until after the family portrait....or, maybe the entire family could get this hair do just in time for the photo op....that would REALLY give "the others" something to think about!
***********************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment