Saturday, February 19, 2011

Bling Bling....New Ring!

I think the Universe has sent me the most delicious message.....

Yesterday, while seated at my desk, I (for no known reason) took my diamond ring off my hand and took a close look at it.  I remember thinking to myself, "man, you are REALLY hard on your jewelry."  The band was all knicked and dented and in need of cleaning.  Although the band looked like it had been through the war, the diamonds looked fabulous, sparkly and happy.  I took a long gander at them.  Everything looked fine.  I love diamonds.


I really have no idea what made me look at that ring, because I don't usually look at it.  Since I never take it off--not for showers, not for gardening, not for bed, not for anything but surgery, x-rays and Reiki--I don't notice it much.  It's just a part of me.  On this day, I noticed it and really took a close look at it.  I even thought about how I should probably have it professionally cleaned, which is a thought I can't say I have very often (if ever).

So, today while seated at my desk, I (for no known reason) looked down at my ring.  It immediately caught my eye....something looked wrong.....

Why, my ring looked like it was missing a tooth! A smile of a six year old, missing her upper right front tooth....what the?

Lo and behold, a diamond was missing.  Freak.me.out.


How is it that for twenty nine zillion months in a row I don't look at my ring and on the one day that I do, the diamond falls out within a half a day?

I probably should have thought about this.  The Universe was probably all happy that I was paying attention when it tried to get me to look at the ring, to get me to think, "HEY! LOOK AT THE DAMN RING! You've got a loose diamond there!"

Imagine the Universe's dismay when I didn't get the full message it had intended to deliver.  "NO, NO!  KEEP LOOKING! YOU'RE SO CLOSE! NO! Don't go back to work!  Right there! Right there--AAAARRRRRG, YOU ARE LOOKING RIGHT AT IT! Oh no.  No, she didn't get the picture.  Oh, no no no."

Some people might be all upset about this.  I mean, diamonds ARE a girl's best friend and I had just lost one of my best friends.  Some might get mad or angry. Some might cry.  Some people might think about how they are going to fix the ring. Some might search frantically for the missing diamond, while others might run in circles and go get drunk.

Me?  I took it as a sign from the Universe....

bling bling!...time for a new ring!!!!

How can you not love the Universe?

A new ring is not technically in the budget, but when WOULD a new ring in the budget? Not very often, I'm guessing. Well, I am going to dream of bling bling, new ring! Getting a new ring is one step better than wearing my class ring all those months.  And, it's perfect timing for that upcoming civil union.  I'm thinking it's kinda weird that I buy my own ring, but I want to buy my own ring and I'm the one that lost the diamond and the wife is busy paying for things like acupuncture and ibuprofen, so I am all good with this ring buying thing.  The question is: what to buy?

Since I am so hard on jewelry, I have to take this into consideration.  I'm not gonna be getting anything very dainty.  My first thought is to stick with the metal of my "other hand's ring:" tungsten.  I'm telling you what--you CANNOT destroy tungsten.  I've literally scratched dents into walls with that puppy and there is nary a scratch on it.  It's heavy, it's shiny, it can harm people, I can't damage it.  Of course, I have to take it off when I go through metal detectors, but other than that, there are no drawbacks.  Well, tungsten isn't very romantic.  It is definitely not feminine.  It is not a straight girl favorite, I am sure.  Still......

But, what about the diamonds?  I want and need and covet diamonds.  (Who knew I was such a material girl?)  I want diamonds.  Diamonds in a setting that won't bend, break, loosen, crack. I'd suggest cubic zirconium but MJagger would explode at that thought--MJagger is NOT going to let a friend sport CZ when real diamonds can be had.

Hey, I'm having a thought--what about tungsten with cubic zirconium?

I think I just heard MJagger's head explode.

So, while the wife is limping through stores today looking for some new shoes, I be glancing at the jewelry counters.  I'm not in a hurry, so it will be casual perusing of glittery things.  Yum!  Bling Bling......new ring!

Did I mention how much I love the Universe?

No comments:

Post a Comment