Saturday, January 22, 2011

BIG.GAME

Well, it's only 30 or so hours until tomorrow's big game.  Just an update to tell you the wife is still breathing, standing and functioning....although she has had to stop reading all those nasty comments on Book de la Face.
I can't help it the majority of my FB friends are from Chicago.

This photo is from an email I received.  I would give proper respect and recognition, but I don't know where it really came from.  It is too cool to not include.  I do not own rights to this photo but I'd love to know who does cuz I'd like to say great job!

I've noticed the Packer fans seem to be lying low (laying low? Dang, I missed that lesson in grammar) on FB.  Maybe they are up to something.  Maybe they are smart. Maybe they are too nervous to speak.  Maybe they are saving up all their collective energy so it can be output during the game.  Maybe they are waiting to STOMP all over those nasty Bear fans after Sunday's game.  Maybe they are busy praying in church and thus don't have their laptops or iPhones.  The Packer fans at work are not quiet but the Packer fans are quiet on my page. 
I'd hate for any of you to miss such Bear Fan taunting posted on my FB page, so I've included some of it below.  
WARNING TO WIFE and PACKER FANS: STOP READING NOW.  This will only hurt you.  I mean no disrespect.  I'm just sharing a few of the naughty and naughtier things posted on Book de la Face wall.  Remember: I too believe it the "Sports Illustrated Cover Curse," so I believe the score will be Packers 28, Chicago 24.  That said......
"It has been said that the British army wore red coats so that if they were shot their opponent would not be able to tell that they were bleeding. I guess that explains why the Packers wear yellow pants!" 

A teacher tells her class she's a PACKERS fan.The class agrees with her except one little girl. When asked who she likes the girl said THE BEARS.The teacher asked why she liked the BEARS and she replied because my mommy and daddy are fans. The teacher replies that's not a reason to like them. What if your dad was an idiot and your mom was a moron,then what would you be? The little girl replied A PACKERS FAN!!!
A Bears fan, a Packers fan and a Seahawks fan are climbing a mountain and arguing about who loves his team more. The Seahawks fan insists that he is the most loyal. "This is for the Seahawks!" He yells, and jumps off the side of the mountain. Not to be outdone, the Bears fan is next professing his love for his team. He yells, "This is for the Bears!" And pushes the Packers fan off the mountain... GO BEARS!!!!
Our Father who Art in Chicago , Football be Thy game. Let Forte run, 1 Super Bowl won, on earth as it is in Soldier Field. Give us Sunday a playoff victory, and forgive us our penalties, as we defeat those Packers who play against us, lead us not into elimination, but deliver us to Dallas ! In the name of the fans, the city of Chicago , and the good Bears ' name, Amen 
(I dunno about you, but I get kinda creeped out when people use the "Our Father" as the basis of a football prayer.)
Question - What do you call 47 men watching the Superbowl? Answer- The Green Bay Packers!!!
Q: How do we know the Tooth Brush was invented in Wisconsin?
A: If it were anywhere else it would have been named a Teeth Brush
This just in....the main library in Green Bay has burned down...both books were destroyed. The tv guide and the how to make Venison sausage for dummies 2nd edition hard cover.
Ouch! 
There is a huge chance this blog will not be one bit funny after Sunday's game.  I suppose which side you are on.  If the Packers win, then Packers fans can make fun of all these ridiculous rantings and rub it in Bear Fan faces.  If the Bears win, the Packer fans will remove me from their blog bookmarks and the Bear fans will re-post these as their status and add even more obnoxious banter for the next thirty years.
Thirty more hours, boys and girls.  Time.will.tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment