Sunday, December 05, 2010

o.b. no be

I really, really want to write about the whole civil union thing, but I keep getting distracted. First, it was the wife's altered check. Then, the wife received tenure at the college (yeah for my favorite pedagogist! Congrats!) and I was too busy updating my book de la Face status in celebration of her accomplishment to write about getting civilized. Then, I got my period.

That said (and, I know you wish I hadn't said it), I have been busy fretting about tampons instead of writing about civil unions.

I've been traveling the globe, looking for these:

o.b. Ultra Tampons.

Now, I KNOW you really don't want to read about "Aunt Flo being in town" or my need for tampons that have the word "ultra" in them, but I.AM.TRAUMATIZED!

I've been traveling store to store on a mission to find these little bullets of cotton, but have been stymied in the process. They are nowhere--not at Wally World, not at Walls of Green, not at Bull's Eye, not at any mart of any kind.

Why? Why can't I find them? It's not like I'm looking for the Holy Grail or Elvis or anything. I'm just looking for a box of ultra tampons.

I decided to try traveling the Amazon, as they seem to have connections to everything. Unfortunately, EVERY person/place/thing selling o.b. tampons are "currently unavailable," as illustrated in this photo I made:





















(I know, I know--who makes photos of trying to buy tampons? My photo is pretty funny. It's even funnier if you look at my bookmark toolbar...complete with button for quick Xena Warrior Princess quotes.)

I then tried the world's busiest on-line auction site, only to learn that a box of 40--ONE box--is up to $35.00 with more time to go. Yes, you read that correctly: one box of tampons for $35.00:














Trust me, I thought about bidding.


At this point, I realized something was very wrong. Then, I began to tremble. What....what.... what if they have stopped making these things? If people are willing to pay $35 for a box of tampons, it's a safe bet that something is terribly amiss in the world of feminine hygiene products.

So, I did a quick internet search.....and learned that they've stopped making these things.

Of course, I panicked.

I then breathed into a paper bag, wrote an email to the company, breathed into a paper bag and read some of the information out there from women who are on the same quest as me.

The best website I found was http://writethecompany.com/sizing-up-o-b-tampons

Trust me, it is worth the visit to this website, so if you are just sitting there, give it a whirl. There are some really hilarious posts AND I felt like I found my kindred spirits. For what it's worth, o.b. tampons are still available in Germany....but, they will not (cannot?) ship to the good ol' U.S. of A.

Road trip, anyone??
**********************************************************************

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:11 PM

    I have just discovered the same awful truth--AAUGGGHHHH!!!!! I did see somebody helpfully post that they'd be available again in the Spring of 2011. Next to their $18.95 box of ob. Thanks for being a kindred spirit.

    ReplyDelete