Thursday, July 08, 2010

Lumber Limbo

The class reunion weekend is FINALLY here. I've been talking about it for months, wearing my class ring in its honor. I've got my reunion t-shirt, I've got my book de la Face reunion status update posts, I've got the tiara shined and polished. I've been studying my yearbooks. I only have a few moments to blog, as I have to pack some delicious outfits for the events...it's hard work being the most under-dressed at every event and on every occasion. The planning of the wardrobe has become a bit more complicated than usual because.....

What IS this photo, you ask? Why, that is our shower and a toilet. Doesn't your shower have sleeping bags and shoes in it? Don't you pee around your clothes hamper? Don't you keep bookshelves in your bathroom?

Alas, the wood floor installation has resumed, so everything had to be moved out of two bedrooms. There are only so many places you can hide things, so we had to resort to shower utilization. It's not like we shower in there or anything. (Yes, we do shower--just not in this particular show.) The dis-assembled bed is now in the living room, the bedroom furniture surrounds the other bedroom furniture, my clothes are in various locations of the abode. This photo illustrated how the furniture surrounds the furniture. I like the way my shoes are perched on top of the dresser. I may have to continue this method, as it's really easy to see what shoes to wear when they are in full display.

If you look closely, you can see my reunion t-shirt in the lower-ish right hand corner of the photo--maroon and white. Woo woo!

I like the way the wife has protected everything by covering things with towels. Safety first!

We are definitely living in limbo. Lumber limbo, that is.

It's really weird that I post photos of our house in limbo, don't you think?

The lumber is very beautiful-- there is nothing like a wood floor-- and I'm glad it's getting installed, but there is just something about being all discombobulated that makes life seem a little more stressful. I haven't found my jewelry box yet....gotta do that before we do the reunion scene--I gotta have my sparkly earrings to match my class ring bling. Ah well, as long as I can find clean undies and keep ahold of my yearbook, I'll be good to go.

It's nice to be such a simple grrrrrl.

Here's what the bedroom looks like right now: a bunch of tools and a bare floor. It kind of freaks me out to see what is "under" all that carpeting or flooring--like, barely anything is under there. (Houses freak me out. I'm not sure how they remain standing. They are really just a bunch of well placed lumber products and some cement. I digress.) I have been told that the entire floor project will be done by the time the reunion weekend is over. I am a wee bit skeptical but this is no time to be putting out negative thoughts; hence, I look forward to posting photos of the finished floor on Monday night.

Don't you just love the color of this bedroom? I do! I would paint every room in the house this color, but that'd be kinda weird. Guess I'll stick with one room being this awesome blue.

Even the dogs are in lumber limbo. They do not know what to think about all this. All they know is (a) they can't go upstairs; (b) we are sleeping on the couches; and, (c) some guy keeps coming in the house and making all sorts of ridiculous noise. Freckles hates change. She looks crabby. I know people say dogs don't have emotions but I believe otherwise--I think Freckles is pissed off that we have upset her little world and she can't find her dog bed. She's wondering why we are making her life more complicated and miserable--everything is slippery and hard and different for her. If she could give "the finger," I know she would shoot us the biggest bird on the planet.

Freckles, you'll have to get over it, as the wife has spent a lot of time and money on this project.

We all better get some little protective slippers for our feet so we don't scratch anything when walking on the new wood floors.....

Soon I will have to wear bubble wrap whenever in the house. There are just too many things I can touch/mark/scratch/dent/ruin.

I'd love to blog more but there are earrings to be found and wardrobes to be planned. Besides, there is only so long I can stay in limbo before I have to get out for a dot....I'm going to the store to buy some bubble wrap and tiara polish. That and some acne cream. Seems I've sprouted some delicious acne for the reunion.

It will be just like high school: zits and hormones. Is this gonna be a great weekend or what?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment