Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Addi-licious

As MJagger says, "I be up in the gym, just workin' on my fitness." Yum!

BTW, Shout out to Mama China--hope you are feeling better soon!

The other day I was lamenting on Book de la Face that I wished I were Fergalicious. Caribou Grrrl immediately suggested that I was "addilicious." Loved it, had to go with it.

"Listen up y'all cause this is it...the beat that I'm bangin' is delicious....Addi-licious...make the grrrlz go loco....Addi-licious...So delicious...I ain't promiscuous....And if you was suspicious...
All that **** is fictitious. Addi-licious."

Fergie's got nothing on me.

Okay, so Fergie has an actual six pack and can do one-handed cartwheels down the catwalk and is crazy hot, but besides that, she's got nothing than me.

To keep me from, as Fergie sings, "comin' off just a little bit conceited," I shall now focus on last night's antics of being interviewed by a college freshman for a class assignment. There is nothing more humbling than having an 18 year old ask you, the 47 year old, what year you were born....and, then see the wheels turning while she tries to wrap her head around that. Let's not even mention that I'm attending my 30 year high school reunion this summer, because that REALLY didn't make sense to her....thankfully, my school ring threw her off course for a mini-second. It's hard not to focus on why this 47 year old lady is wearing her class ring for a three decade past high school experience.

Being interviewed by an 18 year old is a good reminder of how much the world has changed and how far the world has come in the past thirty or so years. It really is a whole different world. When I heard myself talking, I was thinking, "this must make no sense to her. It doesn't even seem possible. It barely makes sense to me." I was talking about something she couldn't fathom in any capacity. I'm not saying the world is better or worse--it's just so very different and my old, crusty world is nothing that makes sense to her.

Man, I hope she gets an "A" on this stupid paper.

Man, am I glad I don't have to be 18 again. It was bad enough the first time.

Man, I bet Fergie's jealous of my class ring bling. After all, she's only 13 years younger than me and my world's not that much different than hers.....

.....Four, tres, two, uno! Bling bling! Class ring! I bet she'd like to rock this class ring.

Like I said, Fergie's got nothing on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment