Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Royal Flush

I am sitting at my desk, face and arms on fire with a hot pink look. My face and ears feel like they are on fire. Why? Because I took a bit more Niacin this morning and one of the side effects is what is known as the "Niacin Flush." I thought that was a crock of poop but I'm here to tell you that I am flushing like there is no tomorrow! Strangely, it's the inside of my arms that are pink, not the whole arm. It looks crazy. I don't know how long it will last and will probably google this issue. I know some of you are asking, "Why are you taking Niacin?" And, I would tell you, "I'm trying to lower my cholesterol and improve my heart health." I heard Niacin would help in that department. I've been taking it for months but took more this A.M. Guess I'll go back to my previous dose.

While sitting here looking like a burnt tourist, I have noticed I have a millipede problem. There goes one on my wall right now. They are all over the floor and on my recycling bag. Ugh. Must be all the rain we got going on. They are slow moving and only an inch or so in length. Maybe they're the babies. Hope mama stays far away, as they crunch when you kill them and I don't wanna be crunch anything bigger than I am already crunching. They are the same color as my office furniture, so I am a little nervous I am going to have one on my butt and not know it.

As long as they are not centipedes, I am all good with it. One centipede and I'm need therapy.

Yesterday was the hottest day that we've had so far this year--heat index 105 degrees. Steamy! So, being the brain surgeon that I am, I thought going for a walk with MJagger at the hottest time of the day and then mow the lawn by hand would be an awesome idea. (Yes, the riding lawn mower is still broken. I figure mowing by hand is the least I can do until it's fixed. I also figured since I was already sweaty and delirious from our walk that I might as well keep moving and keep sweating.) I love to sweat. It's so cathartic! Um, walking in that heat was a little bit too much sweating for even me. I think at one point I was unable to put a coherent sentence together. I am proud to report I stayed hydrated and drank a liter of "Smart" water on the way home from the walk and am even prouder to say that neither MJagger or I passed out. It seemed almost cool by the time I was mowing, and besides, the mowing was in the shade so it wasn't half as "fun" as that walk was.

Today, I am a prime number. I'll leave it up to you to figure out which prime number I am. I am a very grateful person and give much thanks on this day. I have so much good in my life. Well, besides this flush thing. I'm not so grateful about being pink but remain thankful that my cholesterol might be plummeting. I'm thankful to be swimming in millipedes, not centipedes. I'm thankful for you, dearest blog readers, friends, family, dogs, employers (if I did speak of having a job, that is), person that made my Dunkin' Donuts coffee this morning. It's gonna be a great day. Kiss kiss!

*********************************************************
As always, remember: "If you want it, you already got it; If you thought it, It better be what you want." (Madonna, "4 Minutes")
*********************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment