Thursday, June 18, 2009

Bigger, Wider, Longer Ellen

How can you have a bad day when you've danced with Ellen?

You can't!

I was in a foul mood yesterday, everything basically going wrong. I spilled my iced coffee in my lap (thankfully, I was in the "Mold Mobile," so 16 ounces of cold coffee all over the seats didn't matter...well, as far as the car was concerned--my pants and undies were a different story). My computer was on its own mission and was one jumbo frustrating mess. I had only gotten a few hours of sleep. The wife was NOT in the least bit entertained about the lawn mower. You name it, it was going wrong. I was a big crabby patty.

Thankfully, we had tickets to Ellen's "Bigger, Wider and Longer" comedy show last night and THAT was the end of a bad day!

I am here to tell you that Ellen DeGeneres oozes happiness.

Ooooozes!

It is impossible not to be happy when you are in the presence of Ms. DeGeneres. I'm still happy today. That's a lot of happiness power from one person. Talk about getting your money's worth!!! The wife has loved her since Ellen's early stand-up days. Gotta say the wife got it right, as this lady is funny. I am so glad we got to go to this show (big props to ChiSky Grrrl for getting the tickets).

The show wasn't exactly what Cheeseball Neighbor, ChiSky Grrrl, the wife or I were expecting. We were expecting Ellen to do a stand-up comedy. Had we done our homework, we would have figured out that this was going to be something else. It was a taping (filming) for an TBS variety show special as part of the "Just for Laughs" festival; thus, there were many guests, with Ellen hosting the event. The show will be broadcast sometime next week. How awesome is that? I can't say I was too sad about the format, as Nick Cannon served as the D.J. before, during and after the show (drumline!!); Kayne West performed two songs (how great is that?); and, David Blaine--my favorite magician of all time--was featured in a video clip from earlier in the day.

Here are two photos from Jason Kempin, as featured on justforlaughschicago.com. Jason, I know I don't have permission to use your photos, but come on--they are awesome photos and how often can you say some po-dunk blogger is sharing your work with hundreds of thousands (okay--three) people???

Back to Ellen. I had no idea--she's teeny! And, how cute is she? Cute squared! At one point, she was literally five rows from us--we got a close up of the what-I-call-an-elfish comedian, which was absolutely awesome. We didn't get near any free prizes and we certainly weren't near the stage but we were quite near to Ellen for approximately one minute of our lives. I am all good with that.

Cute, happy, bubbly, GLOWING!! She glows, for pete's sake. I smile just thinking about her.

The show itself was quite entertaining, albeit bizarre: a man swallowed a wife coat hanger and then his fiance WHACKED him on the back of the head with a toaster (don't ask); a contortionist shot an arrow, holding the bow with her feet (really don't ask); a comedian from China had the whole place laughing (can't wait to go out and pear-wa-will park). I can't wait to see how this all looks on television.

The questions from the crowd were kind of lame but did produce a Portia sighting--Ms. De Rossi came out on stage and waved hello to the crowd when someone asked where she was. Portia is even teenier and skinnier than Ellen. Bitches!

I'll let you know when the show will air. Until then, I am going to keep on smiling. After all, I've been bigger, longer and wider with Ellen!

***************************************************************************

2 comments:

  1. Paula/potholder grrrrl7:05 PM

    I'm sooooo jealous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete