Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Counselor Speaketh

I can go back to being a smarty pants tomorrow. Today....

.....a few angry, judgemental moments in the Addiverse:

I hear Rihanna (aka Tina) and Chris Brown (aka Ike) have reunited AND are working on a duet. As you know, Christ beat the snot out of Rihanna and yours truly (counselor extraordinaire) correctly but sadly predicted she would return to him, as predicted by the cycle of abuse. (Oh, I'm sorry--he ALLEGEDLY beat the snot of her. Those bites and bruises and injuries could have come from anywhere in that limo.)

I would like to commend Chris Brown's public relations team as they are marketing geniuses. GENIUS! Get Rihanna to do something that publicly proves to the world how sorry Chris really is. What could ever be better than the two of them singing together? Nothing!

Do you hear my gagging? I can barely swallow my own saliva at this moment.

You know, when Chris abuses Rihanna again and she's too ashamed or scared or whatever to say anything and it finally comes to the public eye that this schmuck has not changed one single thing about his physically-abusing self , I hope someone sues the piss out of the PR company. I don't know how they can sleep at night. It is absolutely disgusting what they are doing. Save Chris' career at the expense of Rihanna's dignity & self worth. Show all the young people in the world that it's okay to be physically abused as long as he says he's sorry.

Note to my nieces and all the young people in the world: It is NEVER okay for someone to hit you. It is NEVER okay for someone to abuse you. Never, never, never. There are a lot of people your age thinking that Chris Brown is a good guy, that he's really sorry, that he'd never hurt Rihanna (before or again), that they are in love and that they are all good.....

.....well, my counseling degree and I are here to tell you that if anyone EVER hits you, you let me know, 'cuz I'm gonna make sure you have the self-respect and the self-confidence to run quickly away from the situation. I'll help you get a restraining order if I have to. I'm gonna open a giant can of Hate-o-rade. I'll drag you down the street by your undies.......

I'll do whatever it takes to help you understand that you are a beautiful person who should NEVER be abused and should NEVER stand for it. You don't deserve that, it's never an okay part of a relationship, it's not something that just happens and "he didn't mean to do it." I'll go all therapeutic on you. I'll tape posters of the "Cycle of Abuse" on your bedroom door.

Rihanna, it's not too late. I know it's hard. I know it's so public. I know he is really, really (gag) sorry. It's not too late. Listen to Oprah and Tyra. They know what they are talking about. Listen to the therapists in the world. Lisa to Tina Turner. Just listen to someone besides Chris Brown's team of unethical, self-serving media whores who want nothing more than save his career, damn your mental health and expendable self worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment