Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Pleasuredome?

Before I get yipping about Xena, I want to share with you my "cat-haired cheesy potato" experience today. I was presenting information on the job of which I do not speak to a group of church going Methodists...and, part of the shindig was that I got free lunch made by these fine, upstanding women. Merry Marketing was with me, so there was fun to be had by all. There were all sorts of tasty home-made treats--from still-warm-from-the-oven dinner rolls to ham balls. (Ummm, there is something very wrong with anything called a ham ball. I am told they were very tasty. They did indeed look like balls of ham. As a vegetarian, I kept my lips off the ham balls.)

Since I don't eat ham balls, I loaded up on the cheesy potatoes, rolls and salad. I take a big fork-ful of cheesy potatoes, perfectly warm and not too hot, put the big honkin' pile of taters into my mouth.....

....and, I feel something. Something coarse. Something wrong.

I reach to my lips and try to casually remove whatever it is that is in my mouth....

.....I pull it out and look at it. It is a hair.

Not a brittle person white hair. Not a human hair. No, there was no doubt in my mind that what I was eating was a coarse, half grey, half white cat hair. Trust me, I took time to study this foreign object before surreptitiously placing it in my napkin.

I know you want to know: what did I do next:?

Hell yeah, I ate the rest of the potatoes! Did you think Addi Warrior Princess would let a measly cat hair slow her down?? Okay, okay--I admit to a little gag reflex at the moment I pulled that baby out of there, but I got over it. Besides, the dessert was so awesome that I totally forgot about the cat hair for at least the next few minutes.....

Alas, I was unable to attend the Los Angeles version of the 2009 Xena Warrior Princess Convention....
although, had I a manic moment or had I a bit of cash laying around, I would have gone in a heartbeat. You loyal readers know that I am a huge, obsessive, overzealous fan of Xena, as evidenced by the name I use in this blog, the names of my dogs and my warrior princess daily demeanor. Heck, even my employees at my job of which I do not speak know that I am a Xena whore. For those of you who need a refresher or just want to stare longingly at my Xena convention photos, you'll have to go back to October 2007 blog entries. Trust me--it's worth it.

The LA convention looked absolutely scrumptious, with most of the major characters in attendance. (Well, the actors who portray the characters, that is.) When I saw that line up, I thought my head would explode. I was so envious of those I knew would be in attendance. (Lao Ma, for the Gods' sake!) I admit to a few crazed moments of "how the hell can I get there?" but the moments passed and I stayed home. Thankfully, the internet allows me to be a voyeur extraordinaire.

One of the more "entertaining" postings I found was from AfterEllen.com, of which I am a fan. (You straight people--maybe not so much a fan, I suppose. Ah, but you are always expanding your horizons! I bow at your feet for that.) Even I was taken a-back when I saw the photos from the Lucy Lawless concert. Lucy sings, you know. I'm not a big fan of her singing, no offense to her; I just prefer she act. She puts on concerts whenever she's around for a Xena convention. I'm pretty sure the Xena conventions will stop but the concerts will go on. I'll have to become a fan when that happens. Anyways, I clicked on the link (of which I share with you below), reviewed the data (read: looked at the photos, mouth agape), called the wife over ("You need come over here right now"), showed her the photos and entry and took another gander at the photos. LUCY! What ARE you doing?!!!

As Melissa Etheridge says, "Bring me some water!"

Talk about someone who knows her fan base.

(What's Rob think about all this?!!)

There are links to convention coverage via this site and, of course, via Google searches, but I know most of you will pass on that endeavor. I am all good with that, as not everyone can sport a good old-fashioned addiction to a cancelled television show....

My latest trauma (besides not being able to attend the LA convention) is that I have to decide what to wear to my work party on Friday. I have to wear a red top of some kind, as I am one of two "greeters" (Merry Marketing being the other) and the two of us greeter-types have decided to do the matchy-matchy thing. Well, not really--just both of us wear red. I can't pull off the hot stuff she can wear; I'm more of a "stick to a red t-shirt" kind of gal. I have toiled long and hard about this. I don't have a red Xena shirt--THAT would have made this easy. I think it will be a good party as it will have many vegetarian options and it will be ham-ball free.

So, the Naughty Lucy link: I didn't want to give it to you before getting to the end of this blog as I knew you'd click on the link, stop reading this entry and never come back to finish. I know how you are. Heck, I even learned that the wife skims my blog entries more often than not. Think she's gonna come back to this blog after clicking away from it? No. So, the link:
http://www.afterellen.com/christiekeith/blog/lucy-lawless-in-the-pleasuredome


Don't say I didn't warn you.

No comments:

Post a Comment