Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Secret's Out

I was staring at Jack Canfield's "The Success Principles" book this morning (staring at the book on my nightstand while trying to figure out what color socks to wear), which got me to thinking about "The Secret" which got me thinking about writing a blog. (It did not, however, help me decide what color socks to wear, so I went with white. Oh well.) I liked the catchy phrase "The Secret's Out" because it can have so many meanings. Besides, it's "Can You Keep A Secret?" Day on Lifetime Television (which has nothing to do with this blog entry, "The Secret" in general or any of my personal secrets but it's dang good timing to have that day on Lifetime on the same day I am thinking about secrets and just for the record, I was thinking about "The Secret" before I knew what Lifetime day it was). Is it:
  • "The Secret" is OUT--meaning, "The Secret" (movie/book/website) is SOOOOO passe. (I do not think this but what the heck, it sure is fits the title).
  • "The Secret" is OUT--meaning, people are catching on to "The Secret" and the law of attraction. (I do think this, so get out there and start visualizing world peace or at least visualize me selling that dang electric snow blower.) I know "The Secret" is not new at all (many a blog entry before has yipped about this and Merry Marketing is all over it right now, good for her!) but it seems there is a small resurgence in those who visit the Addiverse, so good for us and good for the Universe.
  • The secret is out that I watch Lifetime TV. (Busted!)
  • The secret's out that the wife is addicted to reality TV. (Busted Squared!)
  • THE secret is out that the Cable people are NAUGHTY when they sell you those stupid bundle packages for an incredibly low price but "neglect" to tell you that there are all sorts of charges related to getting the package installed, as learned today when Mr. Cable Man came to bundle the phone/Internet/cable. That $89.99 a month package is sure cheap.....if you don't add in the new box, or the other new box, or the installation of the stupid boxes or the.....you get the idea. I learned this today after the cable man had finished installing our new package, even though I had specifically asked about this when agreeing to the package. ("Oh no, ma'am--that's the total cost, $89.99.") I can't wait to get that first bill. There'll be no secret when the bill comes in the mail because I'll probably hear the wife screaming from where ever I am in town.
  • The secret IS out--meaning, I got no stinkin' secrets (which is very true, quite to the wife's chagrin); or, perhaps it refers to specific secret I did have which is now out and no longer a secret. (The only blogging secret I have is where I work but that's not really a secret, that's just ensuring job security. Man, I hate that secret, as I have SO MANY funny stories from work and I can't share any of them. Double Dang!)
  • The secret's out that I STILL have that stupid brand new snow blower for sale (that's no secret--it just seems like a secret because I still haven't attracted a buyer for the new in box, sealed, electric snow blower) and it seems like it's a secret of how to get ahold of me to buy the snow blower as I haven't had one single call about it but that might be because my phone number seems to be a secret, as they printed the wrong phone number in my newspaper add.
Take your pick. Is YOUR secret out?

It's no secret this morning featured "New Experience #457," Gassing up the snow blower. It was snowing (AGAIN!!!!) this morning and this time the snow blower ran out of gas right in the middle of the driveway. This meant I was about to have another learning experience during the wife's recovery: gassing up the snow blower. It isn't a hard thing to do, except.....the wife has THREE red gas cans in the garage, each for some outdoor implement of some sort or another. I know one of the three is set for the snow blower, one for the lawn mower and one for nothing I have a clue about (another secret?!). I know she showed me which can to use before she went to surgery (she really did try to think of everything but do you think my poor little pea brain could capture all of that mind-numbing information during such a stressful time?) and I know that if I pick the wrong can, I will be in SOOOO much trouble. I stare at the cans and see that one of them is labeled for the snow blower. This might seem as a no-brainer but you don't know me and just because it says one thing doesn't mean it's not another in my universe. I go with the one labeled as such and say a quick prayer to the Universe, begging that I have "attracted" the right can to the right equipment....

....since the snow blower started right up and kept going through my snow clearing experience, so I am assuming all is well in the Addiverse as well as the Universe.

And now, I shall go meditate on making the successful, simple, quick sale of the said electric snow blower, new in box, still sealed, still sitting in the garage. I envision someone handing me $160 in cash (mostly twenties) and putting it in their car, taking it away while I smile and hold their cash. I envision the wife smiling as now there is one less thing in the garage. I envision our current snow blower working just fine and I envision the cable people coming through and being really nice when I am screaming at them in a few weeks. I envision them taking away all those extra charges and apologizing for the inconvenience of raising my blood pressure.

And, I am going to go now and create a nice day for you, me and the person who buys the snow blower.....

The cable company lady who sold me that package is soooo on her own.

No comments:

Post a Comment