Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Tangential Tuesday

I know it will not come as a surprise to any regular reader that I have terminal tangential thinking. I start one place and end up somewhere else. It's like a sport or adventure. Here's what thirty seconds in my brain is really like.

(By the way, the photo to the left has nothing to do with anything except it is a man with a bowl and I took the picture and I like it but that's about all it has to do with anything.)

I'm driving home and I see gas prices.....as it's now at an incredibly cheap $2.29 a gallon, it costs half as much as it did just a few months ago and that makes me want to stop and get gas even though I don't need gas. How is that possible? How can a barrel of oil be at an all time low when just weeks ago it was at an all time high? And, why does Exxon get to make a gazillion dollars profit while consumers get smoked? I'll bet Dick Cheney's been doing a happy oil dance with all that profit. That man is naughty. Way naughty. Maybe the "First Dude" is doing an oil dance along with Dick and "She Who Must Not Be Named," who is busy not banning Harry Potter books. Let's think about that. Wait, let's not. Let's think why am I still hearing so much about "She Who Must not be Named?" Why is anyone talking about her in 2012? We haven't even got W out of the White House yet and people are talking about 2012. Isn't the world supposed to end in 2012? NOW I understand.

This gets me thinking: Why do all these greedy bastards and greedy companies get to be bailed out while I have to all my bills on time and I have to cough up money to pay for their greediness? I know I'm a financial moron when it comes to the big picture, but it doesn't take a financial wizard to see that greed caused the problem and maybe those greedy nimrods should feel a little--no, a lot--of pain. This makes me question bailing out the car industry but Obama is all about that and the government has done that before so even though it pisses me off that all these companies are getting bailed out, there must be something more there than I can even begin to comprehend...kind of like the wife can't comprehend what happened to her retirement fund.

That leads me to ask: What's up with Starbucks? I hear they got pounded by financial losses this quarter. Oh, wait--I know! It's called McDonald's! I love a frappaccino almost more than anyone, but I have to tell you, when a Iced Coffee at the Golden Arches is half the cost of the Starbucks iced mocha and there are a lot more McD's around my neck of the woods that Buck de la Stars, I know where I'm going to go. Of course, I'd really prefer to go to Dunkin' Donuts but that's nowhere near my Beloved Lady Chiropractor's office and I'm not driving out of my way to get something that I can get within one block of where I am, especially after paying for another office visit. Well, unless it's Sunday. Then, I will drive to any Dunkin' Donuts as a Sunday is not complete without DD coffee.

Which gets me to thinking, because I get a Iced Coffee after visiting my beloved lady chiroprator: Why DO I literally put my head in the hands of someone who has only been a chiropractor for 11 months? Oh, wait--I know! Because getting your neck cracked is almost as good as having a frappaccino while filling up your gas tank at $2.29 a gallon.

I'm back to gas prices, so that's not tangential--that's circumstantial thinking. I stand corrected. Well, I'm sitting down, so I sit corrected. Which reminds me--I need to go sit in front of the TV and see who gets booted off of Dancing with the Stars. That is, if I can turn on the TV and manage NOT to see any She Who Must Not be Named on every channel. Hey, there's an idea: Let Sarah be on the next edition of Dancing with the Stars! I'm having all sorts of thoughts about THAT! Come on, you can picture it, too. Sarah Samba, here we come.

No comments:

Post a Comment