Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Dancing with my Chiropractor

First of all, if this "Dancing with the Stars" photo doesn't make you laugh, you need to get out more often. I laughed out loud to the point I snorted when I saw it. I LOVE this photo. I want to put it on my desktop at work (not that I would ever talk about my work in this blog). Thanks to Einsteina Vagina for forwarding it to me. And no, I'm not REALLY dancing with my chiropractor-- though I bet she'd be one fun dancing machine at a wedding reception--I just thought it'd be a fun way to tie in the photo to the left with my writing about the chiropractor. Segue, people!

Less than one week to Madonna. My popliteus muscle is ready to go! And, only a few measly days until we vote. I'm terrified.

FYI, Master Reiki continues to progress in her healing but would benefit from any healing thoughts. Please keep her and her hand in your prayers/meditations/chantings.

I am happy to say that MBLC (My Beloved Lady Chiropractor) has led me to a pain free existence... well, for the next few minutes, anyways. I got out of bed Monday morning, walked a few steps and stopped. Something was wrong....

....then, it hit me.

I wasn't in any pain whatsoever. None. Nada. It didn't hurt to get out of the bed. It didn't hurt at all. Praise the Baby Jesus!

I went to my scheduled MBLC appointment later in the morning (after going to the dentist--now THERE'S an expensive day) and proclaimed my excitement regarding the lack of pain.

In turn, she told me she liked my pants.

MBLC gave me homework to start doing some simple stretches, asking the assistant to demonstrate the stretches at the end of the appointment. And yes, she did the "guano bat thing" on my knee, but only a little bit. After all, not much was crunching around while she was manipulating my knee.

So, MBLC assistant takes me into this little exercise area and shows me how to stand on one leg and stretch my quad. She stands very near the wall, hand on this metal bar thingy to keep her balance. I knew I didn't need the wall or the bar but I humored her and stood in front of it. MBLC assistant said, "I like people to hold on, just in case." This meant, of course, that I did NOT hold on. MBLC assistant kind of looked out the corner of her eye at me but said nothing. I did the stretches, perfect balance flaunted proudly.

For those of you who are rule-followers: I did the second exercise exactly as directed.

The third and final stretch involved the floor and a mat. She shows me how to do it and I'm not thinking this might hurt or I might not be able to do it. No, I'm thinking, "Jesus, I hope my pants don't split." I bend over and do what I have been instructed to do. She gave me this incredulous look. I thought maybe I did indeed split my pants or something was wrong. I held the stretch while awaiting some comment or direction.

She's still looking at me. Finally, she says, "Wow. You're really flexible."

Huh.

Flexible isn''t a word I'd use for myself, but I guess when you work at a doctor's office or with a chiropractor, you are used to seeing people who can't do anything, or at least can't immediately do what they are told and thus I looked really flexible.

I was just glad my pants were in tact.

No comments:

Post a Comment