Thursday, May 01, 2008

Surprise to the Award Winning Wife, Part II

May I suggest you read Part I before reading Part II. (It really is weird how you have to read blogs "backwards" in order to get the gist of things.) Ummm, that's not really the wife hoisting her award, but I thought this was an awesome photo of someone REALLY excited about getting an award, so I slapped it right here as illustration of the award-winning wife.

Well, since I'm writing this blog, you know I survived. It was close. Being out of town all day before throwing a party is NEVER suggested by this writer. NEVER.

Thank god for MJagger, who made this party happen without any meltdowns or traumas--on my part. I absolutely, positively could not have pulled this off without her help. Everyone should have a straight grrrl to help organize social events, especially for those of us that are social-event-impaired. I'm glad she didn't slap me with all my disorganization and after all the phone calls I made to her. I was driving down the road yesterday and called her with last minute directions. I gave a list of ridiculous directions. I looked to her for advice and for mental health counseling. I was running late and called her to order the pizzas I never had a chance to order. God love you, MJagger.

People came from out of town and out of state in honor of the wife. I can't thank them enough, as with today's gas prices, it would have been MUCH cheaper to stay home and just send a card. Thank god none of you asked for gas mileage reimbursement. I appreciate that friends and family came over on a week night/school night (there were A LOT of teachers in the crowd, so they were out on a school night).

I don't want to forget anyone, but off the top of my head, these are the people that I want to kiss (well, at least hug and thank). If I've forgotten you, please forgive me. Email me some hate mail and I'll add you to the list of those who should be thanked and recognized. I'm tired and, as always, rather spastic. Big kisses to: Spotted Owl and Ingabor Logjammer; Phlange-a-slam and Little Debbie Sneezeclumper; Xena grrrl and Three Hawk Yoga grrrl; Chick-a-hello; Wild Mama and Taco Juan; Mama and Papa Cheesehead; Cheeseball Neighbor; Keith Artgrrrrl; Pandey Mom & Pandey Mom's Mom; PSR Gal and family; Coach K; Master Reiki and Blue Eyes; and, of courses, MJagger. Plenty of people sent congratulations via email, so thanks to you, too.

In an surprise turn of events, Blue Eyes also won an award, so it was double the fun. Who woulda thunk it?

As for me, my words of wisdom are: skip the party and buy diamond earrings!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment