Friday, May 16, 2008

Madonna Traumas & Travel News

Okay, so I am here in San Diego with the wife and Dos Marias (having fits of computer withdrawal, I might add) when I get this call from MJagger alerting me that I do NOT have my Madonna ticket as it was CANCELLED by my credit card company as MJagger had entered the wrong zip code and thus, without my attention, the ticket was cancelled. As we were napping at the time of the call (it had been a long day of travel), I thought at first that I was not fully awake and thus misunderstood Madonna whore MJagger....alas, I had NOT misunderstood anything. I have no ticket for the Sticky and Sweet show in Chicago.

Remember how I wrote about throwing up before, when trying to buy the tickets the first time, a few blog entries ago? Now, I have vomit in my mouth. NO MADONNA TICKET.

NO.

MADONNA.

TICKET.

I am aghast. MJagger quickly adds that this is a sign from the Universe that we are going to get the VIP packages on Saturday and that this is like the greatest thing that could have happened. She has FAITH. She believes! She knows if she wants it, she's already got it.

Oh, my poor vacationing heart!

So, until Saturday I have no idea what will happen and by that point, I won't have access to a computer and thus I will have to wait to hear what transpires.....

....although, Dos Marias alert me that Madonna will be in San Diego November 4th......

As for the trip here, it was smooth AND--bonus!--I even pooped at O'Hare. (IN the toilet, sillies.) I took this as a very good sign as I usually don't poop the entire time I'm gone. Big thanks to UConn Grrrrl for driving us to O'Hare in the wee hours. Freakishly, there was a tail wind going west to east (very unusual, I hear) and we made it to San Diego a HALF HOUR earlier than planned. It has been absolutely delightful during our short tenure here. And, it is freakishly hot here, so that's another bonus. Tomorrow, we get on the Love Boat and head south.....

Do not panic if you don't hear from me until a week from now, as I may not have access to the Internet....though, knowing me, with my computer addiction, I will indeed pay good money while on the boat to check email and enter some more blog fodder......

...until then, please pray novenas to St. Jude of hopeless cases so I do indeed end up being Sticky and Sweet......

No comments:

Post a Comment