Monday, May 05, 2008

Hard Candy Getting Tasty

Okay, so Madonna's "Hard Candy" CD has really grown on me. I think I've listened to it 30 times and it gets tastier every time I listen. I was hoping this would happen. Some things just need a little time--like fine wine. (Or not.) I still like the songs co-written with Justin Timberlake the best but the other songs have become one with me. As for the "She's Not Me" song, I've decided it's about Madonna's career, not about her hubby being unfaithful or naughty. Meaning: people imitate her but they will never be her. (Which, by the way, is very true.) I like that take on it. If I'm wrong, I'm still going with it. I've also decided that the lyrics are consistent with all her other albums/songs, so I'm good with it. If I wanted profound, I'd go read a book.

Better than the CD getting tastier is that Ms. M is rumored to be going on tour sometime later in the year and that means.....

......MADONNA HYSTERIA IN THE ADDIVERSE!

MJagger called me Saturday night to alert me of the pending concert plans. This got me all in a tizzy, even though the dates or locations have yet to be announced. I have to start saving immediately, as I'm guessing the tickets will be $400 each, as last time they were $350 a pop. Of course, I have to have enough moola in case we go to two shows (don't ask why--always take the opportunity to see Madonna when she shows up). I have time to save up, don't I? I also have to save for my concert wardrobe--I can't just wear some crusty old thing.

Since learning of the concert tour, I jumped on the Internet to see if I could join the Madonna Icon Fan club (Can you believe I'm not already a member?) so I would be first in line for concert pre-sale tickets. (It's the current way for stars to make even more money than they already make--charge people to join the fan club so they can get access to tickets before the general public.) MJagger is already a member, but I thought we'd double our odds of getting great seats if we both were members. Turns out it's a no-go....the deadline for joining the club to be part of the pre-sale frenzy was April 30,2008. Sigh. I'll have to pray to the Gods of Pop, Rock and Roll that I can score some fabulous tickets. Of course, I need to first hear when the concerts will be.

While the album has definitely grown on me, I still don't get the weird "4 minute" video see-inside-people scenes. Go on Youtube.com, MTV.com or even myspace.com and watch, then tell me your take on it. And, if you are on Youtube, make sure to check out Madonna's video of her vacuuming. It's pretty funny and who wouldn't like to see Madonna vacuuming?

No comments:

Post a Comment