Monday, April 21, 2008

Kicking My Sorry Butt into Oblivion

I have a new idol. She's a co-worker who's lost 100 lbs. The weight loss is not the reason she is my new idol, although that IS pretty amazing. My co-worker (whom I shall call Less-is-more) is my idol because she has been doing Jillian Michael workouts and she has lived to tell about it.

Here is photo of Jillian Michaels with her dog (or, a dog--I suppose I don't technically know it's her dog.) Jillian is the lady who beats people into shape on "The Biggest Loser." I learned that Less-is-more used the Jillian tapes to lose all that weight. I thought that was pretty spiffy and with bikini season just about here, I thought I'd give ol' Jillian a try. After all, I've been doing those walking tapes on a regular basis....what could be so hard about doing some workout tapes with the always-buff-looking Jillian? So, I went to Barnes & Nobles and purchased the beginner DVDs (front and back side). The three set also had some cardiothing, but I figured I'd focus on the front and back. I thought about going beyond the basics--I HAVE been working out, haven't I??--but some moment of sanity grasped my arm and guided me back to the beginners' DVDs.....
Here is a photo of Lucy demonstrating the kind of work out we've been doing--15 minutes of a McDonald's Yoga. Ummmm, not so much a strenuous thing.....but, I can't forget all those walking tapes! They must count for something.....

I decide tonight is the night to start with a Jillian Experience.

The Front side, not that it would have mattered.

I am here to tell you that I am in HORRIFIC shape, that I thought blood would spurt out of my eyes and that I know I will not be able to walk tomorrow. So much for all those walking tapes. It's a six circuit workout and it's not hard and it's actually easy to follow....but......

...I was a miserable wimp and was crying out ol' Less-is-more's name repeatedly.

She is my idol. When I see her at work tomorrow, I shall profess my adoration for her. I shall confess that I am a weeny and that I hope she won't KICK MY SORRY ASS from here to oblivion, as I know Less-is-more can certainly kick my ass if she can do those tapes, and I know she CAN do those tapes.....

...of course, I won't be able to profess my adoration if I can't get out of bed.....

No comments:

Post a Comment