Saturday, February 02, 2008

Groundhog Dog Love Loft Style


I’m weekending with eleven fabulous friends (many of whom are teachers), which leads to many laughs and lots of blog fodder. I thought it’d be fun to glean some of the stories from the weekend and then post them in tribute to these friends. I suppose it’s kind of weird (and most decidedly borders on being rude) that I am writing a blog entry while actually at the event, but I decided that there are literally four other people using lap tops right now and two people on their iPod/Blackberry thingies, it’s all fair.

First, there is the “thank god it’s not another straight girl hug” greeting. I’m sorry, but you straight girls hug like there is an A-frame rule for hugging—like there might be cooties involved. I don’t think it has anything to do with sexuality, per se—but, I have to say that I have noted this trend across the board, across the years. My friends of the Love Loft know how to give a great, big bear hug upon arrival. 

Then, there is the food. Here is a photo illustration of today’s breakfast as created by Pee Pee Peeker and Einsteina Vagina (and as photographed by Ingabor Logjammer). Is there a more beautiful breakfast creation in the Universe? I think not. Please do not think that we spend much time eating healthy food as consumed for breakfast. Understand that I also choked down seven chocolate chip cookies, a large coffee, two slabs of home-made cheesecake and 14 Hershey Kisses along with my melon.


To burn off some calories, the wife and I went on a virginal expedition of snow shoe-ing. Remember how we purchased those puppies last year and never used them? (You'll have to go back into the archive and find the stories yourself. I'm too busy eating chocolate chip cookies to help you with this.) Well, we finally got our sorry asses off the couch and out the door. Here is a photo of the wife trying to save my non-sporty ass in putting my snowshoes on for the first time.

Thankfully (and most surprisingly), I was not injured during the event. We didn’t fight very much, which is also a bonus of the event. I can’t say that snow shoe-ing will become a favorite past time, but it did help me step away from the vat of chocolate chip cookies that I had been hovering over all morning. (Okay, so I was doing more than hovering. I was stuffing those delightful creations into my mouth two at a time. God, I so do love a good chocolate chip cookie with a hot cup of coffee. Too bad none of us could figure out how to use the stupid coffee maker…you think with one doctorate degree and like seven masters degrees, we could figure this out.)

While outside, Einsteina and I were moved by the muse of snow sculptures to create a snow woman. Of course, being the weirdos that we are, we made a snow woman lying down in the driveway, depicted as seen just after being hit by a car. Do not try to understand us.


Please do not miss the detail that we added nipples to our snow woman.


For those who are not of the snow persuation, Dance Dance Revolution and karaoke, two new indoor sporting events added to the Love Loft, gave attendees many laughs. If I had to choose, I’d stick with the dancing and leave the karaoke to others. I cannot sing but I don’t let this stop my belting out of horrific, distorted, painful renditions of bad Carpenter songs. The wife found her singing soul mate in Pee Pee Peeker and you can see in this photo that they are two pees in a singing pod. The pain—er, I mean singing, continued into the wee hours of the night. (Side

Note: The karaoke version of “Love Shack” was horrific and was basically like having a stutter from hell….all it basically told me to sing was “Love Shack, Baby, Love Shack” about fifty seven times in a row.

Well, since I should actually be paying some attention to those I am here with at the Love Loft, I will have to stop writing here. Suffice it to say there are many a teacher stories coming your way in a future blog. Spotted Owl, teacher of the 2nd grade, has many teacher stories featuring fun things like the Wax Ball from hell, Eating earwax and “crunchy” boogers and "The Blowing Girl in the Wind."

I know you can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment