Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Gobble Gobble! It's a Car!

UPDATE:
Okay, so you regular readers might notice that the "commercial message" blog posting from Tuesday has been removed as I have sold the car!!! Woo Woo!

Actually, MJagger's dad sold the car, so he got the 10%. A happy thanksgiving, indeed! I kiss MJagger's feet for setting me up with her dad. (Wait, that sounds weird--I mean alerting me of her dad's used car salesmanship.) It was almost like cheating--I just detailed the car, gathered up the paperwork and he did the rest. Life is good.

The wife can now stop worrying that I won't be able to sell my car...Ye of little faith!!! Actually, I would have been mighty screwed and might have needed heavy medication to get through it all had I not sold the car by the time I picked up the new one on Monday.... Strangely enough, I didn't feel any panic about the whole thing--in fact, I felt rather confident about selling the car outright. Not cocky--just confident, like the Universe was going to be of assistance as needed. Weird but true. I just knew.

Now, if the Universe will just show me, MJagger and SLS sister that Lotto jackpot and the new jobs of our dreams, we'll be good to go!

(Note to current co-workers: I have yet to identify the job of my dreams, so don't start planning on what you are going to loot from my office just quite yet.)

Some of you know me know my "Ask-the-Universe-three-papers- gotta-do-what- the-paper says" method of making decisions. This is NOT for the faint of heart but rather for those who are willing to completely trust the Universe. You write down three options on paper, fold 'em up, pray a lot and then ask for guidance, all the while assuring the Universe you will honor whatever the paper chosen indicates.....I wrote my options down, I asked, I slept on the three pieces of paper (literally) for the night, got up, prayed, pulled out one of the papers, got my answer and did what it said: "Buy the Honda, sell the Mazda yourself."

I'm not kidding about this.

Some of you are now thinking that we need to increase the level of my anti-psychotic medication.


No worries. It's just the way I've done things and it has yet to fail me that I can remember. It IS nerve-wrecking in some ways as you HAVE to do what the paper says. You can't back out as you just gave the Universe your word.....

....really--no more medication....

So, the Holiday card this year will feature ramblings about new hair, new car and new tattoos. Thankfully, I have stayed with the same wife, same house, same job and same dogs. Some things never change and aren't meant to change, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment