Thursday, August 30, 2007

Crawling along in the Addiverse

A bit more about the Tie Rod expenditures: Wild Mama had a great point--Dave Ramsey would note how great it is that I had to pay for repairs and not repairs AND a car payment. Touche.

Anyhoo, I was thinking about how it really kind of sucks that I have to spend $1000 on something I can't really see. After all, the wife spends a load on new tile for the bathroom floors--we get to look at it every single day. Me? I get expensive new auto parts and can't see a thing. What to do? Why, what else but lay down on the garage floor and take some photos of the new auto parts:Oooooooooh! Pretty! (The new parts are free of rust and crud. I feel the love!) I took several photos for my own enjoyment but will only torture you with this one. By the way, it's pretty hard to take photos of the underside of a car without actually getting under the car. But, I was on my way to work and didn't have time for that. I did the best I could while on my "get to work by 6:35 AM" time schedule. (Dang, I'm back to getting to work early. I was doing so well for awhile....back to the early hour. It's the wife's fault. She throws my timing off when she goes back to school....)

As long as I'm sharing photos of life in the Addiverse, I thought I'd show you what those damned Japanese Beetles did to our tree--they stripped the leaves almost bare. Take a gander at these two photos from our back yard:It's amazing what those little buggers can do in such a short time....

And now, for the Xena update you've been waiting for--I'm almost done with Season Four. Lemme tell ya--I'm gonna have to pick up the pace if I think I'm gonna get those videos viewed before the October 6th convention date. I watched THREE episodes yesterday and will watch two tonight. This is cutting into my "L.A. Ink" time but we must sometimes mortify the flesh...

I just LOVE that Blogger now makes it super easy to include videos. I hope it doesn't make opening this blog slow down to the speed of mud....I thought I'd give you a good laugh by showing you that you can indeed teach an old dog new tricks...here's Freckles demonstrating her latest trick....crawling. It makes me laugh. This is how we spend our 5:30 AM pre-morning-walk preparations....
....

A final word...er, photo.....as they say a picture is worth a thousand words or some nonsense......
I leave you with this:
Happy Labor day, indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment