Monday, July 30, 2007

Third Nipples: What I grew on my Summer Vacation

There we were, all minding our own business, enjoying the food, fun and comradre when suddenly someone spotted something on Bea Chick's back. It was large, red and...and... well, it looked like a third Nipple. Amazingly like a nipple. Now, we knew Bea Chick did not have a third nipple--after all--we would have know that years ago, so new "appendage" gave us much food for thought. After lots of starting, ooohhing and Ahhhing, we decided it was a bug bit of some unknown variety, even thought there was no bug "mark" and it didn't hurt. In fact, Ol' Bea Chick didn't even know it was there until people started getting grossed out by it. Much discussion ensued about what to do with the said third nipple. A dose of Benadryl and a spot of Afterbite seemed to do the trick...

The weather was absolutely Divine. Lots of time was spent pontooning, with Captain Dan at the Helm (who does indeed have sea legs). A trip to the infamous swimming rock was warranted and although I thought I saw a bald eagle it turned out to be a great blue heron with the sun hitting its head in such a way that it looked like it was white head. Picutred here is the "swimming rock" with the wife and Dizzy (as in dee-zee) were perched casually after a nice swim. (I stayed on the pontoon. I'm not very sporty when it comes to water. Besides, I just got that new tattoo and had to keep it out of sun and water.....) The wife is like a fish. She loves to swim. So, I take pictures of her swimming and I stay on the boat. Works for me.

We didn't go fishing--the only thing we caught was a bottle of Dr. Pepper by a large mouthed bass. Ha ha!








Dizzy and I spent much time creating the Fertility Goddess Mermaid Kokapelli Walking like an Egyptian Medusa-haired Lady of the Sea on the sand in front of the lake house. It only made sense as one of the participants was pregnant this year. (That's a whole nother story worthy of it's own blog. Maybe next time.....) I love sand. It is such a wonderfully tactile thing.

That was Weekend One of the Summer Vacation. I"ll keep you posted with what other tidbits happen along the way.....

No comments:

Post a Comment