Friday, June 29, 2007

Don't step on the grout, Don't Eat your Eye Boogers
(and other words of wisdom)

For some reason, the wife decided we needed ceramic tile in the bathrooms. Me? I liked the linoleum but what do I know? I thought the linoleum looked brand new--after all, the wife literally cleaned it EVERY day for the past 12 years. I thought she should take me to a tropical island, instead of "wasting" money on a floor, but she went with the ceramic tile. Sigh. It IS her money, I suppose. So, new tile it was to be. Thankfully, I was at work during the time the tile men were on the scene. I wasn't very happy about having to "shower" at the kitchen sink for a day, but otherwise there was very little inconvenience for me. (Some day, I'll tell you about my sister who went like two months without a bathtub/shower in her home. Gives a whole new name to sponge bathing.) Unfortunately, the photo of the bathroom doesn't show the floor before or after the tile, but I thought it'd be fun to post of photo of the bathroom, anyway. Why I have a photo of our bathroom, I don't know, but I do....

The wife warned me: "don't step on the grout." Well, let me tell you, I was NOT about to step on the grout. I'm dumb, but I'm not stupid.....I don't know what stepping on the grout might do, but I wasn't going to ask OR chance such behavior.

The photo of Lucy (dare I say this is one of the most absolute awful-est photos she has every taken in her five years) illustrates the look the wife would give me had I stepped on the grout....

...the only problem is that the wife had said, "don't let the DOGS step on the grout." You should have seen me dancing around in that bathroom trying not to step on the grout. This is a difficult task for someone as blind as me when getting out of the shower. I muttered under my breath, "don't step on the grout don't step on the grout don't step on the grout." I was very proud as I didn't step on the grout. As I was preparing to leave for work, I proudly announced my success of not stepping on the grout to the wife. That's when she corrected me that it was the DOGS that can't walk on the grout. Bigger sigh. And here, I thought I had been such a good spousal unit.

On a different note, Freckles continues to eat her eye boogers. Actually, the official word for eye crusties is "magmus," or so I am told. I think that sounds like a rock band: "Dude! Have you seen Magmus in concert? Rockin!" It's her left eye and I've spent too much money on it already. I've decided to live with booger-eating, even though it really is gag-producing. The medicine didn't help. If she goes blind, we'll change her name from "Freckles" to "Winky." Or, maybe we can put an eye on her patch & make her a Pirate Dog named Jack Sparrow.
Side side note: The dogs have earwig bites. Isn't that disgusting? Man, that's brutal. I think the wife and I have captured all the house-bound earwigs, so the dogs can rest safely now. I'm not sure if this is better or worse than having fleas but I'm sure it sucks for the dogs, either way.

(Side side side note: Praise Jesus! Paris Hilton is alive, well, out of jail and ready for recovery. This is much more exciting that our house being free of earwigs.)

Lest you think I've been missing any softball, I assure you that I went to three of four Rockford Thunder softball games this week. The wife was 4-for-4 for Thunder games. I had to stay home at least one night and contemplate the meaning of work. It's been brutal at work, so sitting on bleachers has been therapeutic. I'm pleased to report that both De De Justice and Mackenzie Vandergeest hit home runs in the first game of the series against the Michigan Ice (a team, by the way, that has the ugliest uniforms on the planet) and that Kristen Zalewski got her own home run a game later. I love the photo to the left and thought I'd post it again. "Pitcher Scoggins Seeks Fate in Magic Eightball."
"Will I pitch a no hitter, Magic 8ball?"
"Ask again later."

Actually, Pitcher Scoggins has been busy saving games for the Thunder. You go, Thunder grrrl! We continue to enjoy the games and are beginning to become one with the fans....

For the Friday Night Thunder game, a whole slew of us gathered together to be obnoxious fans. That's one thing about Thunder games that has bothered me--it's so dang quiet. All those people, so little noise. What's that all about? So, we brought along the Sky Clappers we got at the Sky game and we armed ourselves with the worst cheers from our youth and we made some noise. The old guy in front of me didn't look very amused but the kids around us did. After all, how many times do you ever see a bunch of middle-aged ladies yelling, "We've got spirit, yes we do!" We were delighted to see several of the ROCKFORD PEACHES in the stands--really! The real, actual players from the Peaches were there to enjoy a little women's softball. Master Reiki went and got a few autographs, god bless her.

Speaking of Master Reiki, she got a sports injury while being a spectator. Again. (The two of us are like accident magnets.) A high pop up floated over the stands--we're talking ozone-layer high--and it started coming down, down, down toward the fans and it headed for poor Master Reiki, who unfortunately had two hands full of stuff. She couldn't decide if she should put down her noise makers, her sweatshirt, her beverage or what. Suddenly, there was this sick THUNK sound. Believe it or not, Master Reiki managed to catch the ball by using her upper chest/shoulder/upper arm area. You had to see it to understand it. We were all so proud of her for catching that pop-up and the crowd cheered her on. Too bad it left a nasty bruise. That's gonna hurt in a few hours. She can be proud of this sports injury. Being resourceful, she went and got a Rockford Peaches autograph on the ball. What a woman!

The next few days will be very challenging at work, so pardon me if I am tardy in blog-posting. Please feel the love no matter how long it takes me to make my next post. Come visit the wife and keep her company while I'm at work the next several days. Please feel free to step on the new grout....

No comments:

Post a Comment