Friday, December 15, 2006

Tis the season....



Sorry I have been away from the blog for a week. I've been in a food coma...
....unable to even button my pants. 

Tis the season for overeating....parties, potlucks, dinners, cookies, chocolate presents....to the left is an example of the problem I am experiencing: MJagger's cheesy potatoes. No offense to the wife, but MJagger makes some KICK ASS cheesy potatoes. After my third helping, my stomach no longer had any room--I swear the cheesy morsels of delight were in my esophogus. Woof. I'm still in pain and I ate those three helpings yesterday. 

Here is a photo of the famous sausage balls, of which I did not partake--but, they got rave reviews at this morning's departmental breakfast. 


To help you get into the holiday spirit, I thought I'd share memories of a few favorite gifts and foods over the years. 

Take, for instance, the Christmas when I was five years old. If I'm not mistaken, we were living in Boston at that time and had returned to the Windy City for the holiday festivities. We stayed with our grandparents that year, with Lil Sis and I taking over my aunt's bed. This was an AWESOME Christmas, as Santa brought me a G.I. Joe Machine Gun! Now, that's a good present. (I'm serious!) Although that was a mighty exciting part of this particular holiday, finding Santa in the bathroom was the highlight of Christmas Eve....

...While trying to sleep on Christmas Even (you know how hard that can be), I was peeking out of my supposedly closed eyes while "sleeping" in my aunt's bedroom. I was facing the doorway. It was still mighty dark out. Suddenly, I swear to you that I saw Santa walk into the bathroom and shut the door. I was so excited I could barely contain myself! 

SANTA is in the BATHROOM!

He's HERE! HE'S HERE! 

(Even Santa has to pee, doesn't he? I mean, that's a LONG journey he takes.)
 
I quickly SQUEEZED my eyes shut, as I figured Santa would take the gifts back if he knew I was awake. I prayed I wouldn't squirm in delight.  

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DON'T LET SANTA KNOW I'M AWAKE!!! SANTA, I'VE BEEN GOOD ALL YEAR! PLEASE DON'T LET ME BLOW IT NOW!

Thankfully, Santa did not see me and thus the machine gun was mine for the taking:Looking back, I assume it was my grandfather in the bathroom, but who REALLY knows???!

Over the years, I've been given some awesome presents: a telescope in fourth grade, a new 10 speed bike in eighth grade (yellow! Woo woo!) and even a yellow hat with a siren on top when I was in tenth grade. I think my favorite gift in the recent years was the Poop Calendar I received from a co-worker last year. I know, I know, that is so juvenile, but it was the best calendar I have ever received--dog poop every month! You KNOW how much I love to talk about poop--well, this just gave me permission to talk about dog poop at any given moment during the work day. (It IS a fine line between staff and client, I tell you.) If I weren't in such a food coma, I'd tell you more about holidays gone by. Until I "pass" those cheesy potatoes, I won't be doing much of anything, so you'll just have to wait....a few hours...a few days? Please don't make it a week....

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:48 PM

    Loved the Santa game.

    I made him sing, flirt, beg, run away, hide, spit milk, rock out, give me a present, vanish, surf, die, punch elf, yodel, drink beer, toss cookies, belch, give himself a wedgie, imitate george bush and burn the tree.

    Fun, fun, fun.

    ReplyDelete