Monday, August 21, 2006

Tasty Tidbits on a Monday

I haven't yet pooped today, so I'm probably a little more crabby than usual. Pray for me. Picture me sitting on the potty, as illustrated to the left. Gotta keep working, ya know...

I'm happy to announce that my gal Sara Evans is going to be on the upcoming season of "Dancing with the Stars." You know I have a sick addiction to that show. The only thing better than Sara being on the show is if they made Terri Clark do the dancing thang. Sara is such a down-to-earth-country-singing-kind of gal. The wife and I saw her in concert last winter and we just adore her. (It was a bit strange, as Sara was wearing the exact same shirt that MJagger wears. MJagger kind of sort of looks like Sara--more like Sara than that cross-eyed Dixie Chick everyone is always saying MJagger looks like.)


Speaking of Dancing with the Stars, NO, I do not yet look like Lisa Rinna. Damn.


I bought a new pair of shoes and I am in love with them. You're thinking to yourself, "hey, I thought she was on a budget and cut up her credit cards." So true, so true. It was all so innocent. I was an hour early to going out to dinner with that "friend from 19 years ago" (as described a blog or two ago), so I went into the mall, found myself inexplicably in Nordstroms, HAD to go to the shoe department as Nordstroms is known for their shoes and shoe service, and the next thing I know these shoes are on my feet and I'm paying for them with the cash I have in my wallet and I'm leaving the store with a box of new shoes. Go figure. I swear I don't know how it happened. (The wife did not buy this explanation.) I love shoes. I love them almost as much as chocolate and Madonna. The more shoes, the merrier. You can never have too many shoes. I love the smell of a new pair of shoes as you pull them out of the box. Tasty! This time, I purchased the "Nike Free" shoes--you know, the ones that are supposed to feel as free as having bare feet. That IS a picture of a Nike Free shoe, only mine are puke pea soup green. Oh, I want to wear them to bed, I want to wear them to work, I want to wear them while eating chocolate and dancing to Madonna songs. No, I really didn't need another pair of shoes, but who's talking about need when it comes to shoes? You use your feet every day, so you might as well put comfortable, new, beautiful shoes on 'em....

Speaking of feet, poor Freckles has to go back to the vet to get her deformed dew claw clipped. It grows in a circle and digs into her paw. The groomer missed it last time they went in, so now it'll cost me $38.00 to have one toenail clipped. (No, they don't do it for free because the groomer missed it. The vet doesn't care why it needs to be cut. They just want the money to cover the cost of doing it.) I went out and bought a pair of dog clippers this weekend, but can't get at the curled end of the toenail. As you can imagine, Freckles is NOT amused by the curled nail or my attempts to remove it. Maybe I should take her to Nordstroms and they could cut the nail while I get another pair of new shoes. I'd love another pair of Nike Free....perhaps in a different color to match my outfits....







No comments:

Post a Comment