Saturday, June 24, 2006

Halfway There

Forty Four! Forty Four! Forty Four! Well, I am indeed forty four years old today and I just LOVE that number. I can't say it enough. I've been jumping around all week holding up four fingers on each hand while exclaiming, "forty four!" (I have this weird thing with numbers. All numbers--time, age, receipt amounts, etc. Forty four is a great number in my weird number thinking. All the forties have been good. I'm not fond of 47 or 48 but we'll deal with that when the time comes. I wouldn't set my alarm to 4:44 am or pm, because that wouldn't be as "good" of a number as, say 4:49 am or pm. Go figure. Ha! Pun intended.) 

As I believe I will live to be 88 (or beyond--I'm just saying not less than 88), I'm halfway there. Like that chef on TV says, it's time to "kick it up a notch!" In honor of this momentous birthday, I cut up all my charge cards, as illustrated in this photo. (Now, don't you be sitting around trying to piece together my account numbers. You'll go to hell if you do that. You've been warned.) 

I thought this would be exciting for the wife, but she just scowled and told me I'd just get new cards. 

Ye of little faith! 

The Madonna concerts put me in credit card purgatory and thus they must go until the bills are paid in full. (I plan on this being before I am 88.) You have to understand that the wife has NEVER paid a finance charge on any of her charge card purchases--she pays the balance off in full each month. I cannot make this claim. 

We have differing views on money and on credit cards. Let's just say that I have a more laid back attitude. This is not a good or bad thing--just a fact (well, unless you are my wife; then it is a bad thing). So, the cards are cut up and the charging is at a stand still. This means I will not be able to have a frappacino until sometime in 2009. Okay, so maybe 2008. (I should clarify--we are not talking thousands upon thousands here. I'm not in that much hot water. It's just enough to make the wife very unhappy. I can't blame her. It's not her mode of operation to live the way I do. I'm glad she doesn't sell me to the gypsies or something....)

Unfortunately for the wife, I continue to profess my love for Madonna and insist that the money spent on the concert was worth every single penny. Every Penny! And, being the dumb shit that I am, I continue to say that I'd do it again. I know she'd like me to answer differently, but that would be lying. (I'm already in trouble for charge cards; I don't want to add lying to the mix.)

So, today I will walk around exclaiming, "Forty Four!" and I will eat copious amounts of ice cream and I will listen to my new "I'm going to tell you a secret" live Madonna CD and I'm going to have a great time. I'm halfway there...and this is no time to start behaving...

No comments:

Post a Comment