Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Wicked Charmed Bowling Fun
Holy blogs, Batman-it's been almost a week since my last post. I have lots of excuses, so sit down and get ready for my whining. The broadband cable was "down" for awhile and that definitely put a dent in blogging time. (By the way, it's really hard to get help fixing the broadband connection from the cable company when the directions are ON LINE. Hello! If I could get to the directions, I would have the internet. Someone should tell broadband to get a clue...and refund the wife some money for the week without service.)

I read "WICKED" the book this week, as I loved the musical and thought the book would be splendid. MJagger tried to warn me that the book was nothing by like the play, but I didn't listen. So, I'm here to tell you--in my humble opinion, the story in the book stinks compared to the musical. The book is mean and scary and depressing and dark. The musical is fun and light and happy and has a great ending. Usually, I'm all about the book but not in this case. Skip the book and go see the musical in real life....no offense to the book's author.

Speaking of witches, CHARMED is on its final-ever episode this Sunday. Sigh. What will I do to get my pagan delights once the show is over? Maybe I can take up bowling with my family....

...Speaking of bowling, I was talking to a client today--he's an awesome bowler...I was telling him my sob story of being the bowling blacksheep of the family and how I can't hit the second arrow for the life of me. (Bowling talk. For those of you non-bowlers, that's bowling lingo. Just go with it.) Being that clients are usually smarter than the staff (and more succienct), he looked at me and said, "Aim for the third arrow."

Like I said, smarter than the staff.

Like the photos? Make you want to Smile with the smileys? This is what me and the nieces (and the dogs, of course) did during their "Mother's Day-Non-Mama Day-Sleepover." (Their mama and my mama were in a bowling tournament. We were orphans while the mamas bowled their little hearts out. I told you I was from a bowling family.) I can't show you a photo of niece #3, as I didn't get one of her with the smileys. I did get a great photo of Niece #3 with a spoon on her nose, but not a smiley.... We did fun things like eat McD's at the tollway Oasis and watch niece #3 lose her 6 year old molar. (The tooth fairy, by the way, does not make out-of-town calls; niece #3 was alerted that the tooth fairy would visit her at home the next night.) The highlight of the visit was finding a giant (and very alive) earthworm under Niece #1's sleeping bag. What more can you ask for than an earthworm in your living room? (It HAS been raining a lot lately) A witch on the television and on the stage but not in a book and a smile on your smiley ball--THAT's what you can ask for....

No comments:

Post a Comment