Saturday, May 20, 2006

Kidding around in the Addiverse



Friday was another weird one in the Addiverse. Imagine going to work--not on a farm or in a petting zoo--and finding two goats and a bunch of toddlers in the office. Only in the Addiverse & only at a mental health agency can this happen. 

Clean Queen brought two of her four baby goats to work yesterday. Why? Well, why not? If you have baby goats, you might as well show them off to a bunch of mentally ill people. (The clients are mentally ill, not the toddlers.) Several other employees, MJagger included, brought their kiddies to work (no one else has kids--just Clean Queen..getting confused yet?). I, being the poop-facinated one of the group, was delighted when one of the baby goats pooped and peed on the office floor. (Yes, I took pictures of this. Do you think I would miss something as important as goat poop in the office?) The photos here show Otis and Elmer enjoying a day at work. Sure beats hanging out in the barn. I'm not kidding. (Pun intended.)
Unfortunately, the day also featured a client peeing in my car, but that's a whole 'nother blog.

After the goat day was over, the wife and I had a delightful time at a party with 650 of our closest "friends of the family." Yes, 650, count 'em. We didn't know EVERYONE there, but we did know an impressive number of ladies. It was really fun to see people we haven't seen in decades--literally. The event was for Vickie Shaw's 50th Birthday party. (If you haven't heard the comedy of Vickie Shaw, don't just sit there: go to www.vickieshaw.com and don't miss her if she comes to town.) Suede, Lisa Koch and Roxanna Ward were part of the entertainment. I know, I know--all you straight people don't know who these people are. Get with it and Google them. They are some of the funniest people around. (Well, besides me and my friend O'Del. We're really funny but we're not rich and famous like these ladies. Damn.) The wife and I were proud to be awake til almost 1 AM. That's something for us-in-bed-by-9 PM-types. There was dancing, eating, laughing, talking and drinking.(Other people were drinking, not us. We have enough trouble staying awake.) You know, I'm sore from the few dances that were hand. Old, old, old. You know you are old when you are sore from a few dances and feel like you have a hangover the next day but didn't have anything to drink.
The wife and I had a hard time getting in the door at the party, as our tickets were under our friends' names--but, we only know them by their first names--we never thought about their last names. (It's a strange thing how we girls only know each other by our first names--lesbians don't have last names--we're just a combination of the two partners names: Susie/Sally or Sally/Susie. They are out-of-town acquaintence-type friends; we know the last names of our dear friends, silly reader.) We stood there trying everything to figure out the last name. It was only after being rescued by Blue Eyes & Master Reiki were we able to enter the event, as they were at our table and knew the last name of our table owner. Once in, the fun began. Yee-haw!

Vickie is a Southern Belle from Texas with a thick southern drawl, hence the theme of the party was a Texas barbeque, complete with flags from Texas on the table numbers. Had I thought about this while getting dressed for the event, I would have worn my cowboy boots. (I HAD the forsight to eat dinner before going to the party, as I figured there would be slim pickins' for a vegetarian at a Southern-style barbeque--and, I was right.) The highlight of the night for me (besides spending time with our 650 closest friends) was when Vickie was talking about putting a birthday candle in her vagina--not lit, of course. You had to be there, I suppose. The comments about menopause were hilarious. Talk about a hot flash. We laughed until our cheeks hurt. All these entertainers are featured on Olivia Cruises, but the wife and I haven't been able to save up the cash to go on one of those trips yet. I say YET because we WILL go on one of these cruises if it's the last thing I do!

On a different note, here's a shameless plug for Moriah the Medium: she now has her own new website: www.moriahthemedium.com (I really like when people actually make website names that make sense and are easy to use, so thank you, Moriah, Vickie Shaw, Emily Greene). I love Moriah, so I was excited to see the makings of a new website where I can stalk her. Grover and I are delighted to have a direct connection to the Moriah Medium world. Now, you can, too! If you are wondering what all your dead relatives are doing these days, she is the lady to help you. (If you are not wondering what all your dead relatives are doing these days, she still is a lot of fun, but what's up with you? Dead relatives are a lot of fun.)

Very much alive--Happy Saturday. Kiss kiss, addi warrior princess.

No comments:

Post a Comment