Sunday, May 28, 2006

A Blog for Republican Tim Simms
Ah, it's a holiday and that means...the wife has me staining the deck. Yuck. It's still better than last Memorial Day when she had me painting the entire interior of over half the house...

Today's Rockford Register Star, the local rag (of which I do appreciate and like and I dig the new printing press) boasted a cover story about blogs in the stateline area. My favorite quote in the May 28th article, as spoken by Scott Richert, was: A lot of what appears in the blogosphere is infantile..." Hey, has he been reading my blog again? I'm about as infantile as it gets in the blog world. Thanks, Mr. Richert, I'm glad you're a fan! My second favorite quote, as spoken by Tim Simms (Winnebago County Board Member), was: "What you get from blogs is worth exactly what you pay for it--nothing." Crabby, crabby. Tim, where's your sense of humor? Do you really want to read only about politics and such? What about poop? If I won't write about it, who will?

The article, as you can see, inspired me to write a politically-focused blog. I choose to dedicate it to Mr. Simms, for no other reason that I can then say it was exactly worth nothing to write about him. (I bet Trent Lott wouldn't be saying anything like that, timmy-poo. Look what kind of trouble those blogs out there got him into. Can you say unemployed?)

To my usual readers, I apologize for the political babbling I will now subject you to. I'll get back to being infantile as soon as I'm done frothing at the mouth.

The United Way in our town no longer has an agenda other than Michael Call's agenda. Why give money to service providers like Family Counseling Services or Center of Hope when you can fund your own right-wing agenda? I beg you: DO NOT GIVE YOUR MONEY DIRECTLY TO THE UNITED WAY! GIVE IT DIRECTLY TO THE AGENCY YOU WANT TO SUPPORT!!! Here in town, your UW money will go to religious organizations and things that support the "traditional family." Poo on you non-traditional families--you should have stayed married and had a plethora of children and gone to church more often. Begging, I'm begging: give directly to agencies. Rockford Sexual Assault, Family Counseling Center, CONTACT....they all will gladly take your money and won't have some secret Michael Call agenda attached to it. They'll use the funds to provide needed services. (Wow. This is sounding very political, don't you think, Mr. Simms?)

Our community doesn't have a 708 fund. For you not in the know, that's county funds for serving people like the mentally ill. We should be embarrassed to be the only two counties in the ENTIRE state not to have a 708 Board. Shame! Shame! No, instead, we have a mayor who wants to make sure all the mentally ill are shipped out of the downtown area. What kind of moron has that kind of thinking? Hizzonor wants the downtown to be upscale for upscale people like him--we can't have any mentally ill or homeless people messing up his nights on the town. Thank god for people like Dave Syverson, who is a champion for the mentally ill. He's a Republican that I can love. (Larry IS cute, don't you think? I like his look, I like that he's an Independent but I can't say much more.....)

Don't even get me started on the Governor (sorry, Allan). I go to work every day not knowing if I have a job or not because the Governor is busy not paying Medicaid bills and placing caps on those much needed services for the mentally ill. Hey, do you know any doctors that have funding caps? I didn't think so. Do you know of any hospital with Medicaid Caps? No, I didn't think so. Why does the mentally ill provider have caps? Is that even legal? Do you really want the chronically mentally ill living on the Governor Mansion property? Where do you think they are going to go if you keep cutting all the funds? Maybe you and the Mayor can get together and ship them to Wisconsin or something....

I will not say one word about the President. Not one word.....ggggggrrrrrrrooooowwwwwwlllllll! (Is that one word?)

Don't get me started on how I haven't gotten a raise in years because our agency can't even pay our bills due to the funding woes. It sucks to watch all the politicians give themselves big fat raise after raise when we don't even get one lousy percent. No wonder I have to do blogs--they're FREE.
(A question for RRS editorial readers: Does Bob Ham have a blog? He should. He could spew all his angry yipping there--for FREE--every day instead of once a month! I love that guy. I know he hates me and my bleeding-heart-liberal- not appreciative-of-soldiers'-sacrifices-for-freedom beliefs..)

There. I have now written my political blog for Tim Simms and the rest of the Illinois Political world. I'd much rather write about poop and the dogs and eating brocolli and having to stain the deck and enjoying a frappacino for breakfast. I'm sure I'll have yet another politic-inspried moment or two, but until then, bring on the poop!

No comments:

Post a Comment