Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Monk-e-mail & Chocolate in the Dryer

In true immature fashion, I suggest you go to careerbuilder.com/monk-e-mail and get a good laugh. You know those commercials with the monkeys hopping all over the business setting? Well, this is even better because YOU get to decide what the monkey says and then you can harass your closest 400 friends. Why work when you can send Monk-e-mail?

As for me, I knew I was in trouble when I heard the wife yell, "CHOCOLATE!" from the basement. I thought about trying to hide behind the couch but before I could get my sorry ass behind the love seat, I heard her add, "THERE IS CHOCOLATE IN THE DRYER!" As I am the chocolaholic of the family, I knew I wouldn't be able to get out of this, so I went to the basement. The wife was standing there, holding clothing up for inspection. I swallowed hard and went to face my execution. Sure enough, I could see chocolate stains on the clothes, the towels, the inside of the dryer. Being stupid, I mumbled something about "how do you know it was me?" but she had the evidence--a purple tin foil wrapper with a bit of melted chocolate left in it. Yikes. That is a Hershey's Dark Chocolate Kiss and I'm definitely the only one who eats those around here. I confess to the crime and take everything out of the dryer and put it in the washer for round two. I pray to the chocolate gods that the stains will come out.

Serve me right that the only stains that didn't come out were on my favorite T-shirt. That'll teach me to make sure I eat all my chocolate and not waste any in the dryer.

No comments:

Post a Comment