Friday, April 14, 2006

Confessions of a Madonna Whore Part II

Ticket to Madonna Show: $187.50 (or even $400.00)
Parking at the United Center: $30.00
T-Shirt at the Concert: $100.00
New outfit for the concert: $100.00
Seeing madonna in person: Priceless

The Madonna Frenzy continues. MJagger and I continue to plot our way to victory and money for the June 14th concert at the United Center. The wife just keeps saying, "don't tell me you don't have any money when you spent all that money on a Madonna ticket." I hate when she's right. (The Oprah diet exploded when I purchased that ticket.)

I posted my one ticket on eBay, with the hopes of making a small profit. Unfortunately, 430 people also did the same thing at the same time. A gluttony of Madonna tickets does not make a sale profitable or perhaps even possible. Still no bids after four days. I begin to sweat just a teeny, tiny bit. We may have to wait for weeks before we put more tickets up for sale. eBay, don't let me down! (If any of you blog readers want a Madonna ticket for the June 14 concert, I'm selling it for face value--for what I paid for it--$187.50. We'll even drive you to/from the concert as long as you promise to: (1) be on time; (2) be fun; (3) don't get sloppy drunk and puke in the car; (4) be on time; (5) be willing to sit alone in section 115.)

I've been practicing my dance moves and thinking about what to wear to the show. I really don't have money to buy anything fancy, so I'm limited in my day-dreaming. Maybe I can find a shiny disco shirt. I refuse to wear those high-wasted disco pants from the 70's (remember: I'm in mourning over the loss of the ultra low rider jeans). Maybe I'll just buy a new t-shirt and call it a day. Maybe I'll just wear an old t-shirt and buy a Madonna T-shirt at the concert, throw away the old t-shirt and wear the new concert shirt.

Should I forget new clothes and just get a Madonna Tattoo??! That would be a permanent souvenier from the show.

Hey, by the way--today is POOP FOR PEACE DAY! I'm going to poop for peace AND in honor of Madonna. Get into the Groove! And, it's Easter Weekend, so I'm going to listen to lots of sacreligious Madonna music in the pope's honor. Did you know that Lincoln was shot on Good Friday? At least that is what my work brother Randolph says and I believe him b/c he is just as big of a nerd as I am. So, kiss a penny, pray at 3 pm, poop for peace and buy a Madonna today. It's all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment