Sunday, January 22, 2006

Couch Potato with Chin Hair

Now that I have a new and improved attitude about work (read: I'm not working 24 hours a day, don't bring work home, make sure to take lunch, leave on time, if not a wee bit early), I have all this time on my hands. I get home from work around 4 PM and go to bed around 9 PM. That leaves me five glorious hours to watch TV and be a couch potato.

This couch potato thing is very foreign to me. I'm used to spending my evenings working on this or that. I never watched very much television--just Xena Warrior Princess and the Weather Channel. The well-earned free time has left me watching daily reruns of "Charmed" (who knew those witches were entertaining and so scantily clad?), "Pardon the Interruption" on ESPN and whatever fluff is on during Prime Time. I'm even learning what to wear on "What Not to Wear." If only Xena reruns were on when I am not at work. Here's me with the remote, flipping back and forth from "Charmed" to "Pardon the Interruption." What a life!



I'm sitting so long in front of the TV each day that I'm growing pimples on my butt. Step away from that remote!

On a stranger, even sadder note, I have discovered that my chin hairs are out of control. (They don't tell you about all those weird hairs you get as you get older.) Since crossing the border of the big Four-Oh, I've had a chin hair here or there. On this new medication, I'm sprouting them like they're on Miracle Grow. Whenever I'm not watching TV, I'm in the bathroom plucking yet another chin hair or two. Where the hell do these things come from? Why are they so THICK? Why are they so black? Will I get so many that I have to shave? Where else will I develop this devilish hairs? I'd ignore them but they scream out for attention.

Besides, I can't stop playing with those nasty hairs when I am watching all that TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment