Saturday, July 09, 2016

Feel the Love

There is so much ugliness in the world right now. So, I dedicate this blog to peace. Love. Unity. Joy.

Now, I'm not sticking my head in the sand nor am I saying I'm going to ignore all that is going on around us. I've just decided that peace and unity is much more important as part of my reality than another negative story from the ugliness in the world. Besides, it will take a whole lot of us thinking positive things to change the world, one ommmmm at a time.

Way back when, I was rather dismayed when 24 hour newcasts started. It was like I couldn't look away yet I didn't want to be hostage to daily pummeling of angst and hate. (Side note: Can you remember the days when television went "off air" and NOTHING was on in the wee hours? That you could only find the news at 5, 6 and 10 PM?) These days, I don't really watch the news--this as means of honoring my psyche, not out of ignorance. I try to watch the weather without getting sucked in stories of the ugly. It's one of the reasons I like "Sunday Morning" so much. It's informative, happy, inspirational, educational. I'll take that anyday over the sensationalized garbage the mega news channels spit upon us.

I find it unfortunate that social media has become a new platform for hateful, judgmental rhetoric. I just want to see pictures of dogs doing weird things, posts about new grandchildren, facts about poop (that's my contribution), read inspirational quotes. I don't want to "see" my friends being so nasty to each other, all in the name of whatever it is they name it. Social media tends to amplify the ugliness in the world--instantly and constantly.  Who needs that kind of silliness when there is world peace and love to be had? So, I do my best to scroll quickly past the hate and focus on things I love to see and read. I am slowly "hiding" people of which do not serve this purpose. I could easily delete or block them, but then they wouldn't have the opportunity to bask in the love and fun that I try to spew. If you wonder why I don't just deactivate my account, it's because I am not interested in giving up the happiness that is afforded by social media--I just have to focus on the positive, encouraging, humorous.

 It's no mistake that I had the word "namaste" tattooed on the inside of my left wrist many a year ago. I'm a visual person. I wanted a visual sign to remind me to see the good in everyone. I didn't get it because it's trendy or something other than what it was to me.  I needed a visual prompt that encouraged me to see the best in all.

There are times it doesn't work very well and I focus on the darkness instead of the light. In fact--I am embarrassed to admit--yesterday, I spent precious time thinking about someone I am not fond of at this moment. Um, why on earth would I do that? Sigh. Damn life lessons. So much to learn. Guess I'm not done "cooking" yet.

I encourage all to join me on this quest of raising the positive vibes of our planet. Mother Nature must be shaking in her boots, with people being so naughty while squatting on her lands. She needs all the help she can get. We are such a beautiful species. We would benefit by recognizing and honoring that in all. We need to get our happy on and keep it on.

It's time to feel and share the love. Thus, as is true on the path of Reiki...today, I will let go of anger and worry. I will give thanks for the overwhelming number of blessings in my life. I'll be honest and I'll be kind to every living thing. I'll think nice thoughts about that person who pissed me off yesterday....

.....Ooooh, that's gonna take some effort. Ommm, Ommmm, Ommmm, namaste, namaste, namaste, have a nice day, get out of the way, be happy today...... nice thoughts, nice thoughts, nice thoughts. There! I feel better already.

I'm getting my happy on. Feel the love.
****************************************************************************





No comments:

Post a Comment