Sunday, October 07, 2012

I think, therefore I am....I think

It's a lazy Sunday morning in the Addiverse, as evidenced by the casual posture of the canine members of the family. Chill-axin' on a Sunday morning. They obviously don't have a lot on their minds....

This morning when we woke up, the wife asked me what I was thinking about. I must have looked especially reflective or distracted or as if I were lost in thought.  Why she would ask me this, I do not know.  She knows better.  All sorts of things are always swirling around in my little brain--this morning was no exception.  You have no idea what goes on in there.  My thoughts are birthed in a mighty weird, busy, noisy place.  Since she asked, I spewed.  This is what I was thinking about.....

Today is the Chicago Marathon.  As it's 32 degrees out, I'm thinking about the Kenyans.  I'm thinking what the Kenyans are thinking.  I mean, does it ever get cold in Kenya? Do they go to Canada to practice for cold weather runs? It's not usually this cold for the marathon--in fact, a year or two ago it was so hot that runners were dropping like flies from the heat.  Do they give the Kenyans gift mittens or do they have to bring their own? MJagger and I went out for some exercise yesterday and we wore mittens.  Do you think the Kenyans would like to borrow our mittens?  I'm thinking about how it's still my goal to complete a marathon while I'm 50.  I didn't say run--I said finish. I'm thinking about how I'm going to do this, considering I can only go four miles at this time. Do you think the Kenyans would be willing to coach me if I give them my mittens?

Last night was the break-up show. I'm thinking about how painfully sad the Glee 'break up" episode was.  We spent our Saturday night catching up on DVR'd programs and Glee happened to be one of them. (Glee will always win out over the housewives and boo boos in my corner of the Addiverse.) I haven't been very impressed with this season, so I was only lukewarm-interested in watching the episode on a Saturday night. Oh my.  I'm thinking a bottle of anti-depressants and a carton of ice cream would have come in handy.  It made watching "Evita" (which I did after the Glee episode was over) seem bright and cheery.  Seriously--everyone breaks up.  Everyone.  Well, kinda sorta everyone.  Well, I think they broke up.  Oh, the angst over a stupid show featuring singing nerds.  Pass me the Moose Tracks and a spoon.

(Please, baby jesus--don't take Santana off the show.  If you are going to kill the show, please let her go down in a blaze of glory, with oodles of screen time.)

Yesterday, it was Adam and Eve & Carlos Santana. I'm thinking about MJagger's unfailing advocacy & need for a new purse.  Out of respect to her, I won't say much.  Suffice it to say that last night she got so pissed off in Church that she tried to walk out.  The only thing that kept her in the pew was her husband--he literally physically kept her there, despite her efforts to get up and walk out.  "If I had been on the end, I would have walked right out." Instead, she was stuck in the second row...but, she was free to scowl at the priest, arms crossed, defiance glaring out of her being, so that made it at least a little worth while to be stuck there.  Everyone should have an ally as strong as her.  I mean, who blatantly texts from church to express their anger about the topic at hand? This leads me to laughing about her asking me yesterday to look for a purse while out shopping with the wife.  I know nothing about purses besides I have a small one so I can carry my swiss army knife, panty liners & cell phone.  A baggy would work just as well.  (Heck, I HAVE used a baggy in the past.) MJaggers wants one of those seriously large, looks-like-a-suitcase purse and was hoping to score one or two for a reduced price from the wife's favorite place on earth.  She showed me some examples and sent me on my way.  I stood in the purse section of the Maxx and just laughed.  Thankfully, I saw nothing even remotely related to what she had described and thus I was freed of my purse duties.  Maybe I can get her a gallon-sized baggy.

Other thoughts? Seriously: Laundry, blogging, grocery shopping, vacuuming, organizing my car trunk, cleaning Freckles' boogery eye, time cards, the coffee in the frig. Oh, there is leftover DD coffee in the frig! Washing my dark blue, sure-to-fade new jeans. Is this a hot flash, the Flu, anxiety, a heart attack, wearing too many clothes (damn those mittens) or if it really is 105 degrees in here?  Cereal, bread, raisins.  Why won't Lucy stop licking? Cereal, bread, raisins and what? WHAT? Damn, what are the other things I have to get? Cereal, bread, raisins and I don't know what.  What time is the Packer game? I need to pay the wife for my Packer ticket. When is that game? Did I write that down? I don't think I wrote it down. Cereal, bread, raisins, why am I now cold?  What am I thinking about? Does she really want to know what I'm thinking about? I gotta go heat up that coffee.

And that, dear wife, is what I was thinking about.

Glad you asked.

No comments:

Post a Comment