Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Have Filter, Will Travel

I'm not ignoring you.  I swear.  I've been busy trying to figure out the new blogger way of being, repeatedly listening to Madonna's album, trying to figure out if I am or am not pregnant in the State of Arizona, getting my myo fascial released, chasing turkeys out of the backyard...and, changing the car cabin air filter on my own. Sweet! I was so excited by that adventure that I made the wife take a photo of me at the completion of my conquest. (That's one dirty filter, if you ask me.) Now, many of you are not impressed--after all, if you know how to change a car cabin air filter, you are chuckling and wondering what the hell I could be excited about.  For those of you who didn't even know we had an air filter in the car cabin, you are probably at least a wee bit impressed.  I thought I'd save some money by doing this task by myself.  I went to the auto store, bought the filter and brought it home.  I wasn't sure what to do next and the car book didn't say anything besides "change your cabin air filter."  I didn't even know where it was located (the dirty one--the new one was in the box in my hand).  The wife asked only one question during the endeavor:...

The wife: "Did you read the directions?

Me: "Of course I did!"

Okay, I lied.  I didn't even know there were directions.  I looked at the box and I looked in the car book but I didn't read or even see any directions.  Thankfully, when I pulled the new filter out of the box (to take one last look at it), the directions fell out and floated to the ground.  After reading them and seeing that it would take me "twelve easy minutes," I was good to go.   I changed that puppy in under three minutes.

No, I am not going to tell you where it is located or how to change it.  You can pay me for that information. It'll cost you.

In case you think I'm kidding about turkeys, here they are, milling about in the backyard:

They are making quite the mess.  They do this weird thing with their feet/claws/talons/hooves and throw mulch all over the place.  Maybe they were trying to throw mulch at me so I would move along.  That's better than them trying to spray me with something, to be sure.  The wife has been wondering what/who the heck is messing up her mulch--the holes are obvious and much bigger than I would anticipate from a mourning dove or ground squirrel (which are back and remain on my poop list--photos sure to follow in a few weeks).  I should have taken a video  of the "tossing turkeys" because it was pretty impressive how far they were chucking that mulch.

Just so we are clear, the Madonna album has grown handsomely on me; in fact, at times I feel like there is an ear worm eating into my brain and I can't get this or that song out of my head.  The wife will sigh and say, "is that ALL you are going to sing?"  I appreciate that a few of you have emailed me/messaged me/posted comments here about the whole MDNA thing.  I've decided that the louder you play the album, the better it is.  I was meant to dance.  I've read a ton of blogs and articles about the album and it's a mixed bag.  The only thing mixed about it for me is a dance mix.

While I'm dancing, I think I'll enjoy our trees, which are out of control.  We have two trees that I swear are growing carnations.  The wife says they are some form of cherry tree but I don't see no stinkin' cherries--just carnations.  The entire tree is one big pink carnation.  The warm winter and early spring has led to an explosion of color of which is at least four weeks early and much brighter than usual.  The freeze hasn't been good to the hydrangeas but the rest of the flowers look no worse for the wear and the trees look spectacular.  Take a peek at the tree behind me in the car filter photo--that's a carnation tree if I've ever seen one. You know, I could make a few bouquets and hand them out--change a filter, share a bouquet.

I think there might be turkey on the menu if the wife has her say about it.





No comments:

Post a Comment