Saturday, December 31, 2011

Return of the Madonna Wh*re

No time for whining about medical woes or the dog's boogery-blind eye or the wife's fear of street salt... there is big news to be had for 2012:

Madonna has a new album awaiting release....she has a tour in the works...AND, she is the half time entertainment at the Super Bowl.

2012 is going to be the BEST.YEAR.EVER!

Well, it will be if the world doesn't end.  If the world ends in 2012, that's going to kinda suck. At least it will be after I see Madonna on tour.

(Yes, that's MY photo.  I didn't glean it from anywhere. It's from when me and MJagger went to one of her Chicago concerts. So, don't be giving me any grief, you guardians of the Internet.  It's mine, mine, mine!)

As the actual concert/tour dates haven't been officially released, I don't have the details-- it looks like her Madge-esty will be in the area late July 2012.  Suffice it to say, MJagger and I best start saving our pennies now, because I ain't sitting in the cheap seats.  I am way too old for that nonsense--in fact, I will be 50 by the time the concert rolls into town and 50-year-olds do NOT sit in the cheap seats. 

I have a lot to do before "The Summer of Madonna" arrives. 
  • I have to get back into concert form, building my endurance so I am able to dance for two hours. 
  • I have to build my endurance so I can hold my pee while dancing for two hours. 
  • I have to get some speed work in so I can sprint-to-the-parking-lot after the concert....or
  • I can learn to hold my pee even longer and wait until we get to the toll road Oasis before going to the bathroom after dancing for two hours and then hanging out in traffic. 
  • I have shopping to do--one must have appropriate garb for going to a Madonna concert.  What to wear?  What to wear? 
  • I'll have to learn all the words to her new songs (which won't be easy, considering my peri-menopausal state).
I'm glad I have a few month's notice to get everything in order.  It's been awhile since I've had anything to be excited about in the Madonna Department. I'm glad she's giving me the perfect gift to start the year.  I'd write more but I have to go do some core-strengthing exercises and start shopping for a new wardrobe....

Happy New Year!


P.S. The world is not going to end in 2012.  Please do not jump on that band wagon. I'm begging you. All the nonsense has already started.  Just stop it.  If the world ends, I'll apologize.  Until then, focus on Madonna and all will be well in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment