Sunday, March 06, 2011

Oh---ooooohhhhh Beeee---boooooooy!

Today is a very exciting day, friends in the Addiverse.  Today, we are going to the suburbs and taking part in a very special mission. 

Today, we are making the Great O.B. Ultra Tampon Exchange.

Seriously.  This.is.big.news.  This is such big news that I am blowing off church to take part in this mission.

My high school friend has indeed secured the six boxes of o.b. ultra tampons.  This is the friend I threatened to kill in second grade by kicking with my poison sandals, so it's pretty amazing she'd want to help me in any endeavor, let alone something of this magnitude.  As the ultra o.b.s are no longer on the market and the evil manufacturer has decided to discontinue this irreplaceable product, I am quite excited to know that today I will be six boxes richer.  If I play the odds right and am very careful with my expenditure, I can make these things last six or more months.  Maybe by then the manufacture will be sick of PMS-filled women writing them day and night and will bring back this product of vital importance to all our well being.

I will reward her handsomely.  Photos are sure to follow.

Yesterday, we went to the land of cheddar for yet another birthday event within the wife's family.  As we were zipping along, I spotted a sign that literally almost made me drive off the road.  I gasped!

I had spotted a Dunkin Donuts sign.

As they have closed all the DD in our town, this was VERY exciting.  I whacked the wife (who was dozing) and announced that we would be stopping at the DD at this exit.  She perked right up and faster than I could say "medium coffee, cream only," she was awake and gathering her money.

Suffice it to say we enjoyed every last drop of the nectar of the Gods.

Today, we will have another opportunity to have DD as they are splattered all over the suburbs. I am thinking we should stop when we get there and again as we are leaving town.  Although microwaved coffee never tastes very good, leftover DD coffee for breakfast tomorrow morning sounds heavenly.


Dunkin' Donuts and o.b. ultras, all in the same day.  This might be the best day of my life.
********************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment