Friday, June 18, 2010

You Don't Know Jack

It's always a long work week when you return from vacation. This time was no exception. The only difference is that I've learned to hang on to little bits and pieces of all the fun we had....I use vacation photos as my desktop background at work. Hardly a new idea but always good to remember.

Here's a little "don't-let-the-door-hit-you-in-the-ass as-you-leave" diddy. Now that my insurance coverage has changed, I am making some big decisions in my life. For instance, My Beloved Lady Chiropractor may no longer be on the radar. This is too horrible to contemplate, so I am awaiting their call to see how much it will cost to visit MBLC. Perhaps she'll give me a stalker discount. One easy decision was to stop seeing my "I talk, you don't-get-to-talk even-tho-it's-your-money" psychiatrist. (Don't worry. I'm not really crazy. Well, just a little. Okay, so I'm still a stalker but there is no pill to cure that. Besides, everyone should have a psychiatrist. That way if you do get crazy, you'll know because someone will be able to confirm this.)

So, I call Dr. JackAss' office and explain my change of insurance. I inquire about the cost for self-pay clients. I only go a few times a year, so I figure it won't be too bad. I've known the guy since 1999, so I figure that will help. The receptionist says, "It is $225 for 30 minutes and this must be paid before the session takes place." I suppose it is a good thing to ask for payment up front when working with crazy people. As I really am in no mood to pay some guy all that money to listen to him talk, I cancel my next appointment and tell the lady I will not be returning.

I get home today and there is a letter in the mail from his doctor-ness himself, complete with his real signature (which is really something, if you think about it--I would think he would pay some minion to do menial tasks like this). The wife has seen the letter and can attest to the fact that I am not exaggerating what the short letter had to "say." Basically, the note said: too bad, so sad. I am closing your case. Please keep taking your meds."

Of course, he didn't exactly spell out how the hell I am supposed to get the prescription for the meds.....

.....Which leads to the meds:

I want to profess my love for Costco.


I am so in love with them that I thought they deserved bold, italic and large font.

I am here to tell you that it is absolutely true that you can use the Costco pharmacy (at a store, on line, mail order) whether or not you are a member. (Thank you, Cool Mama!) I am not a member of Costco because we have no Costco store anywhere even remotely to where we live. Member or not, here is some awesome news: My one pill costs $300-500 per month, depending on where you look...the generic about $150-225. Trust me, I've searched the globe in regards to med prices. Costco's price for the generic of the pill was $17.00. At first, I thought there must be a mistake, but further examination proved otherwise. No one else came close to the Costco prices. I was very skeptical but thought I'd try it. I still had a written prescription for Dr. JackAss, so I sent it in. One week later, I was holding a bottle of the exact same pills I have been taking, with an invoice for $17.00. I don't know who is in charge of Costco and I don't know how they can sell my med so cheap but I am so happy about this that I would gladly do a happy dance down the aisles of the nearest Costco store.

Now, about getting that next written prescription....

......I haven't crossed that hurdle yet but I'm feeling mighty fine about it. If I can get my med for $17 while other places are charging almost $500 for it, I know good times are ahead. I can do just about anything! Well, good times are ahead as long as I can continue to see My Beloved Lady Chiropractor.....

....and, I have complete faith that my stalking days of her will indeed be able to continue. Who needs a Jack Ass when you can have a beloved Lady Chiropractor?????? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment