Friday, February 19, 2010

Friday Night's Alright for Fighting

Well, not really. I just needed a title for a blog entry written on a Friday night. It's a pot pouri of topics: no O phones, appliances, viruses and poker playing. Tough to get a title out of that. This Tattoo-bible thing has nothing to do with anything besides making me laugh. (It also makes me want to go and get another tattoo.) If you want to read the small print, just click on the photo. Rock on, Leviticus 19:28!

Note to self: I will not text or use my phone while in the car.
This effort was spawned by "The big O's" campaign to address this issue (see photo here). I didn't think this would be hard at all as I really didn't think I texted very much at all when driving. I recognize it's a really dumb thing to be texting while driving. I don't even like to talk on the phone while driving (actually, I don't like talking on the phone any time but that's a whole 'nother issue), thus I thought this would be a piece of cake.

....Well, okay--I admit---I text while at stop lights but I'm not moving so that really shouldn't count.

....Um, well, I guess I do read texts while driving, but I'm just reading.....

Geez....OKAY! OKAY! I can text without looking and I admit I have texted while driving.

Since O's show, I have stopped using my phone in the car. This is much, much harder than I ever thought it would be. I finally had to just turn off my phone OR put it in the trunk as I couldn't ignore the thing if it was chirping or ringing or singing. I am rather disgusted with myself for even having to think about doing this. I hope you will join me in this effort. How awful it would be if I had an accident--or, caused an accident--because I was being so foolishly distracted. I embrace my new phone-free car and will let you know how it goes.

I am sad to report that the wife's computer has a virus. A really nasty one from a fake link she clicked on while looking for appliances. I've done all I could to save it but it's too late. The bugs are crawling all around in there. I told her to stay far away from my computer and to change all her passwords. She can drown her virused sorrows while enjoying her new appliances....because.....

It's all the oven's fault. Earlier this week, we were trying to make TGIF poppers in the oven and the dang thing wouldn't light. It's an ignition thingy problem, not a pilot light problem. As the stove is 15 years old, it's really not worth dropping the money on having some guy come put in a new ignition thingy. I say live without an oven. (It is scary how easy it would be for me to do this.) I mean, we only use the oven to make frozen pizzas and a few frozen tidbits every once in awhile. It's not like we are cooking or baking anything real in there.

The wife, on the other hand, believes that a dead oven signals the need for new appliances. She assures me (as do many a friend) that appliances need to match. (My manbrain does not grasp this concept, but I have been so chastised by friends that I am going with it--appliances match.) You can't just buy an oven--you have to buy its friends: frig, dishwasher, oven, overhead microwave.


I'm thinking not having an oven is much cheaper. I'm a simple girl. I could live without an oven and without a dishwasher. Heck, I might even be able to live without a stove. Give me a microwave the George Forman grill and I'm good to go.

The wife has been pining for stainless steel so this is her moment of glory. I won't poop on it. I will smile and nod, smile and nod (thank you for the words of wisdom, Culver Gryffendor) and enjoy the process of getting new appliances (which have already been ordered and should be here before you know it). I might even have to take up baking in order to get my money's worth out of the new oven. I'll post photos when everything is in place.....

Tomorrow night, I am going to a poker party at some guy's house. A guy from high school, to be more specific. A guy I did not hang out with in high school, who now lives out of town in the middle of cornfields, who is my FB friend via the reunion efforts. I'm going because a few other high school friends will be there and I really want to see them. Maybe I'll win enough money to pay for the new appliances, although I am not "banking" on it (pun intended) because I am not exactly full of poker prowess. The wife isn't going as she believes he is probably a psycho mass murderer who is luring us to his nest and we are all going to be killed, Jeffrey Dahmer style. She is also concerned that we are going to be arrested and thrown in prison for engaging in illegal gambling activity.

I hope she is wrong on both accounts, because if she is right, she will get no money for the new appliances. And, if she is right it is so going to suck--because each and every one of you will be able to say, "she told you so!"

At least you know I won't text or call her from my car in order to get bail money or to get help as I am running away from the psycho mass murder......

No comments:

Post a Comment