Tuesday, May 05, 2009

The "F" Words

You didn't think I meant THE "F" word, did you?


I have two "F" words today. The first "F" word is FLU. As in "oh, this Swine FLU isn't really that bad." I hope the WHO and the CDC and all the letters in the world are lining up to apologize to Mexico in regards to the mass panic about the piggy flu. In case the powers that be are too busy

"Dearest Mexico,
Happy Cinco de Mayo. Oh wait--we ruined that for you--sorry you had to cancel your celebrations. Have an American beer on us. We, the powers-that-be-that-panicked-and-freaked-out-nine-tenths-of-the-world-with-swine-flu-blamed-on-you-hysteria, want to apologize to you. We're sorry we trashed your tourism income. Don't worry--having only a 70% in reduction for hotel reservations really isn't that bad. By the way, we've figured out that the piggy flu really isn't that big of a deal, so come visit us. You can come join our Cinco de Mayo parties we're still having. You bring the beer. Love, the World."

BTW, the vacation search continues. We have many options, just no set plans yet. Perhaps we can see how many college campuses we can visit in one day--our record is FIVE. Or, maybe we'll see how many outlet malls the wife can squeeze into one week. As long as we don't just sit at home, I'll be good with it. Who knows? Maybe Riviera Maya will call and say, "we're still and we're half price now!"

The second "F" word is FAVRE. As in "oh-my-gawd-Brett-Favre-is-talking-to-the-most hated-Vikings." The poor, poor wife. First, our vacation is canceled. Now, Brett Favre is back in the news and is un-un-retiring and this time he's talking to the one team all Packer Fans can agree to hate--the Minnesota Vikings. I'm thinking dropping the "F" bomb might be appropriate in regards to this "F" word. I'm not sure there is a worse fate than a Packer God turning purple. What IS wrong with this boy? Some people stay for the money. Some people stay for the love of the game. Some people stay....to get revenge and to disgrace the Green and Gold. The wife says, "I don't like him anymore." Ouch. She also mentioned that she is going to take the autographed Favre football I gave her and punt it around the back yard.

.........I wouldn't blame her.

*******************************
(P.S. Apple Vacation refunded 100% of our trip costs, so I give them a big shout out right here. I still can't believe they gave us all the money back--even tho it was them who caused the problem with our booking, I figured they slap on some form of penalty or charge or whatever. I have nothing but glowing reports to give them. You go, Apple People! (Just don't go to Mexico unless you want to go to Jamaica.)


No comments:

Post a Comment