Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Impressive

I don't have much time to write, as I have to shovel snow, feed the dogs, change the water bowls, wash the clothes, read the mail, clean the snow-watered floor, put away the recycling, change the garbage and get ready for tomorrow.

Those of you who have been getting my emails already know that the wife is fine, that the surgery was successful, that she remains in the hospital and that she has now ceased the projectile vomiting.

It's only fair warning to her that I was writing down quotes while she was on various medications. I shall share them in future blogs because the quotes are definitely blog-worthy. There is no way I could make this stuff up. (Example: "It never takes this long on Grey's Anatomy." Great thing to say to the people who are about to wheel you into the operating room. Or, how about, "Is this when I profess my love for you?" That was a big hit with the OR nurse.)

Suffice it to say the surgeon said her biggest fibroid was "impressive." Really. His description of her fibroid-filled abdomen left me in delight (well, once I heard she was okay it was delightful). So impressive that he literally took photos. One of her fibroids was so big and so high up in her belly that he literally had to reach in there and rip that puppy out. Woof.

He later told her he found the surgery to be "fun" (I knew I liked this man) as she was literally filled with fibroids and one giant-fibroid-filled uterus.

I have much to say about the surgery and related happenings and trust me, I will blog in great detail--with the wife's approval, of course. But, tonight I am on the move, so you are stuck with this quick diddy. Thank you to all for the support, the emails, the calls, the texts, the patience, the understanding that no visitors were wanted or why she wasn't answering the phone (it's hard to talk on the phone and vomit at the same time).

Impressive. The wife excels at everything. Even in making impressive fibroids.

Well, I've always found her impressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment