Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Get Into the Groove!

This Madonna Whore SWEARS to the Gods of pop music that every word of this blog entry is absolutely true. 

When it comes to Madonna, I don't lie. You don't mess with Madonna. 

I was driving to work today when I started thinking about the upcoming Madonna concert (end of October)....you know, the one I don't have tickets to. Loyal readers know I have been to Madonna Hell and back. (Non loyal readers, suffice it to say: had ticket, lost ticket, got two tickets for second row, sold tickets, lost lot of money on the deal, no tickets). 

I'm driving along and I start thinking, "hey, why not use the power of attraction to draw Madonna Tickets to me?" I've been working with a vision board and that's going swimmingly, so why not imagine Madonna tickets?
I visualize Madonna tickets coming to me easily for face value.
I envision good tickets, on the floor, nothing greedy--just face value floor seats.
For a millisecond, I toy with visualizing FREE tickets coming to me but I decide not to be greedy and settle for paying face value for my tickets that will soon be coming to me.
I'm smiling to myself and enjoying my thoughts of Her Madge-esty and I am saying, "I am enjoying myself at the Madonna Concert with my face value floor seats that have come to me."

Some of you are thinking there is NO way I did that. But, I did. I got to work, got out of the car, and thought no more about Madonna, her concert or the tickets. 

I'm in a meeting and my phone buzzes--it's a text message. As I am in a meeting and as I actually pay attention and behave in these meetings, I am unable to check the message but know it will wait for me until after the meeting. I peek at who it is from--it's from a number I don't recognize. I figure, "wrong number" and forget about the text message. 

Once out of the meeting and back in my car, I take a moment to check the text. It's from Cheeseball neighbor's girlfriend, ChiSkyGrrrl. 
The text indicates she has Madonna tickets for me if I am interested. IF I am interested? 

IF?

ARE YOU FRIGGIN' KIDDING ME?!!! I text her right back, shaking as I type. ChiSkyGrrrl has concert ticket connnections and I had asked her way back when to watch for Madonna tickets. We're talking months ago--I had totally forgotten about this possibility.....and, I certainly wasn't thinking about ChiSkyGrrrl when visualizing tickets coming to me. Turns out she has tickets for either Chicago date, on the floor...... .
.....these are exactly like the tickets I was visualizing. My jaw drops open. 

I tell her I am so thankful and so excited that if she were standing there, I would literally lick her face! Praise the 8 lb, 6 ounce baby Jesus!! 

I explain to ChiSkyGrrrl that I will call MJagger and see what she thinks and then call right back. (What I am really thinking is that I don't really care what MJagger says--I am buying these tickets and I am going to this concert, hoping MJagger will decide to come with me, as we are both Madonna Whores and I can't imagine going to a Madonna concert without her.) 

***Flashback for non-loyal readers or those who were drunk during my time of Madonna Hell and no longer remember what that was all about: After the sales of our $1000 tickets, MJagger announced she wanted to wait to right before the concert date, as she felt we could get really, really good tickets for cheap. She may be right. She may not be right. I am in no mood to stand around and find out if she is right. I've been watching the tickets on e-bay, Tickets-now, Stubhub, etc. and I am here to tell you those prices aren't going down; in fact, they have gone up. I don't want to pay what they are asking. No, wait--I won't pay what they are asking. If I were willing to pay that, I wouldn't have sold the $1000 tickets.*** 

But, back to now. Back to me and my visualized tickets. While MJagger didn't sound exactly orgasmic about the whole thing, she was agreeable to going in on the tickets. I explain to her that since the seats are on the floor, we can always sneak forward and eke our way into the stage. (She is a professional at doing this--so, I have complete faith she will continue her streak.) I explain that we will not be able to get tickets for face value via bidding or the internet. I do not want to pay any more than face value, as that is ridiculously expensive enough. I explain that I am going no matter what her decision and add that I hope she will go with me. MJagger says yes. I am happy she has agreed to go, despite these not being the tickets of her dreams. 

I call ChiSkyGrrrl and giddily agree to buying the tickets. I profess my love for her. I text message Cheeseball neighbor and tell her I am professing my love for her girlfriend. 

I will soon have Madonna tickets in my hands, just as I visualized!!! The wife says I need to start visualizing money...... ....money coming easily to me, money without strings attached.....hmmm, she may have a point. Maybe I could envision Madonna handing me money. She's got enough to spare..... 

I'll get back to you on what I decide to visualize, but until then, visualize me at the 10/27/08 Madonna concert!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment