Monday, May 12, 2008

Sticky and Sweet Mess

We had it all planned. MJagger and I scheduled our lunch at 10 AM so we could buy Madonna tickets and not do it on company time. I met MJagger as scheduled, decked out in my favorite Madonna concert T-shirt, ready to throw up with excitement. She was nervous, too. MJagger had the computer ready to go. She then explained to me there were these special seats that were saved for fan club members willing to fork out extra money and that she was going to buy one of these seats as she had promised herself that she wouldn't buy anything less. I was agreeable and ready to charge away. After all, it IS Madonna and you have to spend money when it comes to Madonna. We stared at the monitor waiting for our turn.....

....the clock ticked, the ticket sale popped up and she started clicking away. Ecstasy!

Thing is--these "special tickets" didn't pop up. Just the "regular" tickets (which, by the way, were the exact same price as the last concert several years ago, so I was very pleasantly surprised). MJagger was not deterred--she would enter the special fan club code, get seats offered by Ticketmaster, look at the seats offered, ignore them, try again and again. She kept trying for those special tickets. In the meantime, I am REALLY trying not to vomit on her rug as I am watching the "good" seats slip by, one by one. I am beginning to sweat. My palms are sweating. We look at the fan club site over and over, reading the information....and I'm trying to convince her that there aren't going to be any of these special seats in Chicago, as the site says NOT AVAILABLE. She disagrees and says they just haven't released them yet and she is ..........going...

........to

....wait.

I am going to die!

I point out that the chart says "NOT AVAILABLE," not "coming soon" like some of the other concert sites. I am just shy of begging begging BEGGING her to buy tickets but she stands firm. She continues to click on the Ticketmaster site and watch seats go by. I am close to hyperventilating. I cannot wait any longer. I HAVE to buy a ticket.

She types in "1" ticket and a seat pops up. It is a really good seat in my opinion, albeit not as good as the first four zillion offered seats were. I take it. I cannot wait any further. I love her dearly but I cannot wait one minute longer.

She does not buy a ticket.

....Fast forward to now. I have a ticket. A great seat. An aisle seat, not far from the stage. Do I wish I were a few rows closer? Of course! I'd like to be sitting on Madonna's lap, for crying out loud--you can never be close enough......

.....but, MJagger has yet to buy a ticket despite the hours and hours that keep going by. I am VERY bothered by this, as you can imagine. After all, she is my personal Madonna whore. I hope she knows what she is doing.....Madonna does say "If you want it, it's already yours," so I figure MJagger will get what she asked for.......but she is a better, more faithful person than I. I don't have the faith. MJagger spoke to some Ticketmaster guy late today and he says the VIP package will be available Saturday when general tickets go on sale. She is sure of this and is ready to party and be with all the Madonna fan club members, eating snacks and drinking drinks, giggling and gyrating while I sit in the parking lot, waiting for the general doors open for the peons with the expensive-but-not-expensive-enough tickets.

I pray to the gods that this does not turn into a sticky mess...................

...............................................and I hope she forgives me for bailing out on her.

Madonna, madonna, why have you abandoned me?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment