Monday, February 12, 2007

And they wake up....and it's snowing....


There is a Dar Williams song called "February." It's a really depressing song, but that's not the point....the point is the lyrics sums up our existence at this very moment:

"and then the snow,
and then the snow came,
we were always out shoveling,
and we'd drop to sleep exhausted,
then we'd wake up, and it's snowing..."

UGH! The wife woke up this morning--and it was snowing. AGAIN. Now, I'm all for snow and if it's gonna be cold, I want there to be snow, but it just.....won't.....stop! So, we bundled up and snow shoveled AGAIN! We hear it's gonna snow again tomorrow. 

Most people probably don't shovel as much as we do. The wife likes a clean and snow-less driveway. It's like a sport to her. You can eat dinner off how clean that driveway remains during the winter. She even does the sidewalks--not just a path, but the whole sidewalk. She is the envy of the neighborhood. 

The other day, the next door neighbor saw us shoveling AGAIN...she opened her window and yelled, "I'M NOT GIVING INTO PEER PRESSURE!" She was not going to shovel to keep up with the wife, as NO ONE can keep up with the wife.

I guess it's good exercise but I'd much rather snow blow and have a mug of hot chocolate instead of worrying about having a perfectly snowless driveway and dropping dead of a heart attack. Not that I'm knocking the condition of the driveway--it's delightful--nor do I want the wife to drop dead of a heart attack...because then I would have to do all the shoveling.

Tee hee!

No comments:

Post a Comment