Saturday, July 08, 2006

Good old Summertime

Ah, it is finally summer, as evidenced by the hot weather and the dying grass in the front lawn. The wife and I aren't going on any "major" trips this year--we're just doing some day trips and outings for a week this month. While we'll have a good time, this is distressing to the "love-to-travel-to-nice-islands" wife. Ah well, next year I won't buy so many Madonna tickets and we'll go somewhere fun and tropical.

Vacations of Old....here is where the family used to vacation every year:
That is a whole group of sun-worshipping people, back before we realized that skin cancer would become a concern. (Go ahead--I dare you to "steal" this photo off the blog. My grandmother will come back and haunt you. I wouldn't mess with her if I were you....) The cottage was an annual event loved by all. (Well, I think it was loved by all. I certainly loved it.) Who wouldn't love the pea-green soup water of Petite Lake? Many a game of Yahtzee, Kings in the Corner, Pokeno and Bunco were played along the way. All you relatives can try and find yourself in this photo. (I took the picture, so I am spared the pain of being included in this late 1970's shot.)

This is where I wish I were right now: Miravel in Tuscon, Arizona, home of the Oprah Spa....

Now THAT was a vacation. Talk about feeling rich and famous (of which I am neither). Stone massages, fresh fruit smoothies at any time of the day or night, dry dessert air, good friends, out-of -this world food. Why, speaking of food--here's what I'd like to be eating for breakfast: fancy cake roll at Miravel...
Instead of being waiting on, here is what we'll be doing: Oh, wait! There's no photo here. Exactly. (Okay, okay, I'm being a baby. We're going to have fun. We're going to several concerts, we'll travel the vicinity, I won't go to work, we'll see family and friends, I can eat cake roll from the grocery store, I can visit a few Dairy Queens and raise my cholesterol....)

Here's what the dogs will be doing for the summer: looking anxious about the bath they are about to receive.... Hey, at least Freckles has her eyes open in this photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment