Saturday, March 18, 2006

And you would do this because.....?
I really wanted to post a picture of this guy who pierced his uvula--you know, that thing that hangs down in the back of your throat--but, my blog won't let me post it. Weird. Not only is it an amazing thing, it begs the question, "and, you would do this because....?"

Now, I've never even thought about piercing my uvula, but I have done a lot of things that lead to the same question. Still, how does one even go about piercing a uvula? Who thought of that first? Does spinach get caught in it when swallowing? Can you pierce your tonsils, too? Who sees your pierced uvula--do you have to walk around sticking your tongue out? Do you have to take out the rings if you get strep throat? Does it screw up your dental x-rays? Is this some freaky sexual thing I don't know about? Do you chain the uvula piercing to your tongue piercing? I'm not even sure I know how I sleep at night with all these questions in my head.

I also was sent a photo of a guy who literally hung his cell phone through his ear piercing. I'm not kidding. His ear hole was big enough for a goddamned cell phone to fit in it! (That picture won't download, either--it came from the same place as the uvula photo, so I suppose there's some weird copyright thing going on.) At first, I asked, "and you would do this because?" but then I thought about it and if you didn't have a belt or a strong enough waistband to hang your cell phone from, you might as well use your ear piercing hole.


Not to be judgmental (okay, so I'm being judgmental)--and you would buy a motorcycle if you looked like this because....? I don't worry about world peace--I worry about fat men on motorcycles.

Below is a picture of Lucy when she was four weeks old. She doesn't have any piercings. One question the wife could certainly ask me: "And, you would get another dog because...?" (Kinda looks like I'm choking Lucy in this picture, but I really wasn't. I swear.) Hey, it took me 16 years to get the first dog, might as well get a second one as soon as possible.

I could go on for days about all the things I've done that just need to be questioned. I'm sure I'll get to all those things in future blogs. Stay tuned and be very afraid...

No comments:

Post a Comment