Saturday, December 20, 2008

Operation Housewife

Sick of hearing about hysterectomies yet? Oh, but there is SO much fodder! 

The wife is doing fine, thank you, holding her pillow and turtling around the house. Her mama just left after a two day stay, of which delayed my solo efforts in Operation Housewife. What a gift, indeed! It was a very nice, appreciated visit: it allowed me to go to work for the two days and not have to worry about the wife. (I HAVE thought about buying a "Nanny Cam" and spy on the wife while I'm not around to make sure she is behaving and not doing things like vacuuming the house or moving furniture.) It also meant that I got out of making a home-made meal. (Side note: I lost points because I don't eat tuna. People insist that tuna isn't a meat and therefore I should eat it. The mama had made a tuna casserole and I politely reminded her that I don't eat meat. This was not a very happy moment as she had purposefully picked out a meatless meal she thought I would eat. I technically don't eat food that had eyes or a mama, so seafood is out. It's not like I could pick the tuna out of the noodles.) The only thing worth really noting from the vist? The mama asking "Where did Addi Warrior Princess sleep?" Hello! Where do you think I slept? I am proud of the wife as she pointed to the empty side of the bed and said, "right here." That ended that conversation. :-) 
I wanted to take a photo of her incision and staples, but she declined as she was afraid I would post the photos on the blog. I may be a blog whore but even I wouldn't sink that low. It's just that are amazing and she can't see them (don't think she wants to, either) but what a great thing to have for posterity. Sigh. No staple photos for me...I'll just have to enjoy watching the removal of the staples on Monday and be satisfied with that. 
So, today is my first official day of full duty in Operation Housewife. I've put on new pillowcases, fluffed the blankets, purchased some "special" food products (like juice bags--it's hard to be in bed and drink anything, so juice bags it is), went out and purchased gifts for my employees, put out the garbage, shoveled the walk, drove to one of my sites and shoveled the walk, wiped down the floors, heated up lunch, brought in the recycling, put the mail out for the mail lady and am doing three loads of laundry as I type. And yes, I am separating the colors from the whites. (I got busted by the mama for doing my own laundry in one load, colors with the whites--hey, it was my clothing, who cares what I do?) I am feeling very confident that I can and will succeed in this operation. Unless, of course, I get caught mixing the clothes again--then, I will flunk and will definitely need the Nanny Cam as the wife will be doing the laundry when I'm not looking......

No comments:

Post a Comment